• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accounts (year end 2022)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading through that as a layman it all seems to make sense and thanks for breaking that down from Accounting gobbledygook!
The Food and Drink difference is pretty startling. Going from £5965 to £408290. What were we doing before, giving it away?!
The highest paid Director on £49253 needs more of an explanation, particularly as no one puts one penny of their own money in and so risks/loses nothing. The figure is in the public domain so everyone knows and in the spirit of openness and transparency a breakdown of what exactly the return of this is justified in my eyes at least as a Trust Member and Supporter. Every single penny spent should be justified to make sure we as The Owners are getting full value and continue to.
Presumably the property lease arrangement is ‘ a mates rates’ contract otherwise isn’t there a conflict of interest, no matter how well intentioned it appears to be.
Again as I’ve said before £17174 to McQueenie Mulholland on a rolling contract (isn’t that a red flag straight away?!) needs an explanation. Again it could be seen as a conflict of interest.
OTR……. I might be thick but I can’t get my head around this. A company set up in 1999 with an interest free loan by the then Directors who were joined by other ‘ investors’ in 2001 and subsequently sold off some of the land for building for apparently @£180000 which was used to repay some of the original loans and then in 2018 the club paid Mr Perryman and Mr Tagg £45000 to repay their loans still owes £326,616?! Back in 2014 the club was paying an annual rent of @£42000 and according to the latest accounts has just renegotiated a new ten year £60000 a year deal! If you only have a limited income mostly covered by selling players on why are still paying out this amount of money when we according to Mr Tagg can demand to purchase OTR by paying off the remainder of the loan with no interest or dividend.
Not being to au faith with this sort of thing, I would suggest the catering difference was down to Covid in the 2021 figures.

Oldsmobile-88

Not being to au faith with this sort of thing, I would suggest the catering difference was down to Covid in the 2021 figures.
20/21 there were just 3 home games where spectators were allowed with very restricted crowd numbers. Surprised they made anything. The bars & kiosks were shut.

tom_ecfc

Imagine the figures if we get the kiosks working to maximum capacity and look out of the box to increase food/drink in and around the stadium.

Andy_H

Imagine the figures if we get the kiosks working to maximum capacity and look out of the box to increase food/drink in and around the stadium.
They already are working at 'maximum' capacity, it's just that in 2002 the kiosks were not designed for the size of crowds SJP are now experiencing and, as such, the service provided is not what the catering staff or club would wish it to be. Sadly also, the away supporters actually are better served than home fans, as they have 2 kiosks for their %, while home fans only have 4 kiosks for their greater % of the crowd. As to hot food, none of the kiosks currently have sufficient space in them to increase their oven capacity, although i understand there are ideas to be able to increase the provision of hot food. Finally, the problem is compounded by the difficulty in getting staff to man these outlets.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They already are working at 'maximum' capacity, it's just that in 2002 the kiosks were not designed for the size of crowds SJP are now experiencing
Which is blatantly ridiculous because in 2002 the capacity of SJP was what, 15% higher? Yet another example of the incompetence that was prevalent at that time.

Colesman Ballz

They already are working at 'maximum' capacity, it's just that in 2002 the kiosks were not designed for the size of crowds SJP are now experiencing and, as such, the service provided is not what the catering staff or club would wish it to be. Sadly also, the away supporters actually are better served than home fans, as they have 2 kiosks for their %, while home fans only have 4 kiosks for their greater % of the crowd. As to hot food, none of the kiosks currently have sufficient space in them to increase their oven capacity, although i understand there are ideas to be able to increase the provision of hot food. Finally, the problem is compounded by the difficulty in getting staff to man these outlets.
I find this reply somewhat disingenuous, the only kiosks currently still in use that were planned back in 2002 were those in what was then the Doble Stand. As for the others ie Away End, Stagecoach ASS, and resited Big Bank ones, these were all only planned and installed during the more recent development programme so any blame should lie firmly attached to an inadequate brief provided by the Club to the Architects and Developers.
I take your point regarding current staffing difficulties, but for the major part trying to lay the blame wholly on decisions taken of 20 years ago is plainly wrong.

tom_ecfc

Finally, the problem is compounded by the difficulty in getting staff to man these outlets.
Thinking out of the box here. During the busy period of HT, what if a few supporters were reimbursed their entrance fee/a % of their entrance fee to work over the HT period to help with the queues?

Oldsmobile-88

Which is blatantly ridiculous because in 2002 the capacity of SJP was what, 15% higher? Yet another example of the incompetence that was prevalent at that time.
I’ve not got the average attendance to hand for 2002/03 but I’d guess they are around half what they are this season.

Oldsmobile-88

Thinking out of the box here. During the busy period of HT, what if a few supporters were reimbursed their entrance fee/a % of their entrance fee to work over the HT period to help with the queues?
😁
That may have been a goer in the R & L era.

I’m not sure what the answer is if I’m honest.

Andy_H

It's not about the ground capacity then its about the size of the crowd NOW compared to 2002!