• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley v Exeter city match day thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That this is Exeweb and all what I said in the second sentence will happen. That is the realisation. You know it, I know it and certain individuals on here will make sure it happens. We could win 6-0 today and it will be because Accrington are so $h!t that a Division 9 D&E side could beat them never because City were so bloody brilliant that Accrington couldn't live with them. Even if that was conceded it would be that Tisdale had nothing to do with setting the side up correctly, making the correct changes (however subtle, and probably too subtle for some on here to even notice) and it was all to do with the players, the tea lady, the pilot (seeing as we flew up instead of driving up) and the kitmans 20 year old cat.
There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

grecIAN Harris

I am neither blind nor do I suffer with tunnel vision..............

IndoMike

But you still don't see. You don't see the crowd of 2400 City fans for the last home game. You don't see the comments from ewewebbers who have defied reality to continue to support Tisdale but who have given up the ghost. You don't see the awful home record over the last 4 years. You don't see Tisdale constantly changing the team with the result that they never gel. You're a dying breed, and so is City if we don't have a professional set up urgently with some accountability. The fans have had enough, Harris, and you do Exeter City no favors by defending the unacceptable

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on City, 3 points and shut the whinging to$$ers on here up for five minutes at least. Of course, they all know it will be because we were bloody lucky, that the winner was so far offside that whoever scored might as well been stood in another continent and that Accrington were so **** that even a side in Divison 9 of the D&E League could have beaten them but let's have a happy five minutes before the realisation dawns.
Oh wind it in.

We all want City to win and progress and I will be delighted if we get three points today. That still doesn't change the fact that people are becoming more and more disillusioned as the seasons go by. And these are people who used to be big Tisdale fans, me included. I hope Tisdale proves me wrong but I cannot see us doing better than mid table nothingness and, at this stage, that looks a long way off.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today is the begining of our season. 3 points today followed by 3 against Pompey next weekend and all will seem well with the world again (Well for a few days at least)

Red Monster

But you still don't see. You don't see the crowd of 2400 City fans for the last home game. You don't see the comments from ewewebbers who have defied reality to continue to support Tisdale but who have given up the ghost. You don't see the awful home record over the last 4 years. You don't see Tisdale constantly changing the team with the result that they never gel. You're a dying breed, and so is City if we don't have a professional set up urgently with some accountability. The fans have had enough, Harris, and you do Exeter City no favors by defending the unacceptable
Giving up the ghost no f****** chance we've got some good players and will come good soon and when everyone's
Fit and will move right up the table.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Ian is either fishing, although I doubt it, or is wide of the mark imo.

I agree it's early in the season and we have had some injuries. We also have made opportunities which could have got us a result or two, and the view on social media(note not just exeweb) is negative. If we win today it will be a step forward and the table will look better, however the current feeling has grown over time.

It's complete rubbish this viewpoint that people want to moan and see us struggle. I was feeling positive after the Brentford game and always enjoy it when we win. I don't think our fanbase is that different from other clubs, and indeed some would have completely chewed up and spat out Tisdale had they seen a similar home record. As always Tisdale has a chance to earn some credit today, and while it wouldn't change my view overnight I will be quite happy if today is the start of a prolonged unbeaten run.

As Indomike says a lot of people have had enough, and more have lost some of the faith they once had. That isn't healthy, and the minimum I would expect is for Tisdale to recognise that and acknowledge he needs to set about trying to rectify that.

Last edited:

rp42

Woodman RB again today?
Exeter City: Olejnik; Woodman, Brown, Sweeney, Moore-Taylor; Taylor, Harley, James, Riley-Lowe; Watkins, Simpson

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought I just as well start this before I leave for work.

Come on city, we really need to get points on the board today and preferably three of them. Will be tuning into Grecian player this afternoon to see what happens.
Unfortunately the commentator will be Sahil whats his name so we can look forward to lots of aimless chatter unlike Charlie Price who actually commentates on the play.

grecIAN Harris

What have I defended? Where have I even commented on what has happened so far this season? What I do see (or read) is the same old noise from the same old faces? What can I take from that? Very little. You say to me 'there is none so blind as those who wil lnot see'. I suggest to you that some of those cannot see the wood for the trees. Some, not all, have been banging the drum for so long they cannot and will not change their stance irrespective. I haven't seen anything of City whatsoever this season to make any kind of judgement. I'd love to see whether Amps Junior really is all that. I'd be interested to see whether James is going to fit into a similiar position as Matt Gill did. Reading some of the comments on here and what I understand of his play this is quite likely in that you won't know what you've got until he gets injured or suspended to appreciate him much as happened with Gilly. Pierce Sweeney is another interest to see whether he is positionally ambidextrous (not sure about that spelling) or whether he is square peg in a round hole. It used to be that you could use Exeweb as a decent level of opinion to judge but not these days. Take the Blackpool game, we hit the post twice before half time and, judging from what I heard from 20 minutes or so of commentary, we were right in it. Then you read on here later in the evening and it reads like we were never at the races. We beat a Championship side in the form of Brentford. Instantly it's, 'oh, well it's only reserves'. Now I don't pretend to be any kind of sage on Brentford but instantly I can pick out Harley Dean, been a first choice centre half for years at Brentford. Sam Saunders, another experienced pro who plays more than his fair share of games across a season and similarly you can say the same of Alan McCormack. Some of those that I had to look up like Yennaris played 33 times last season for them, Hofmann played 22 times, Egan played 40 times for Gillingham last season before moving to Brentford during the summer. There's half a side that while they may not all be automatic choices are certainly more than just Brentford reserves and not wet behind the ears kids. There is no balance on here for the opinions to be taken for anything near gospel.

Last edited: