• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley v Exeter city match day thread

ECFC89

Lads there's another thread for this ! Two hours of this will drive us all insane !

grecianfaniow

woodman = defeat FFS

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What have I defended? Where have I even commented on what has happened so far this season? What I do see (or read) is the same old noise from the same old faces? What can I take from that? Very little. You say to me 'there is none so blind as those who wil lnot see'. I suggest to you that some of those cannot see the wood for the trees. Some, not all, have been banging the drum for so long they cannot and will not change their stance irrespective. I haven't seen anything of City whatsoever this season to make any kind of judgement. I'd love to see whether Amps Junior really is all that. I'd be interested to see whether James is going to fit into a similiar position as Matt Gill did. Reading some of the comments on here and what I understand of his play this is quite likely in that you won't know what you've got until he gets injured or suspended to appreciate him much as happened with Gilly. Pierce Sweeney is another interest to see whether he is positionally ambidextrous (not sure about that spelling) or whether he is square peg in a round hole. It used to be that you could use Exeweb as a decent level of opinion to judge but not these days. Take the Blackpool game, we hit the post twice before half time and, judging from what I heard from 20 minutes or so of commentary, we were right in it. Then you read on here later in the evening and it reads like we were never at the races. We beat a Championship side in the form of Brentford. Instantly it's, 'oh, well it's only reserves'. Now I don't pretend to be any kind of sage on Brentford but instantly I can pick out Harley Dean, been a first choice centre half for years at Brentford. Sam Saunders, another experienced pro who plays more than his fair share of games across a season and similarly you can say the same of Alan McCormack. Some of those that I had to look up like Yennaris played 33 times last season for them, Hofmann played 22 times, Egan played 40 times for Gillingham last season before moving to Brentford during the summer. There's half a side that while they may not all be automatic choices are certainly more than just Brentford reserves and not wet behind the ears kids. There is no balance on here for the opinions to be taken for anything near gospel.
Well you seem to be focusing on one match v Brentford. I certainly did not make any comment to devalue that win. But we're talking about 5 years of frustration, Harris 5 years, with no sign of progress, no lessons learned, Woodman STILL in team, same boring style of play etc etc etc.5 years !!

tonykellowfan

I am surprised at Ian's comments.

It is clear to me that more and more people are completely disillusioned with Tisdale, including people who previously defended him.

Well-known Exeweb poster
team news anyone ?

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woodman RB again today?
Exeter City: Olejnik; Woodman, Brown, Sweeney, Moore-Taylor; Taylor, Harley, James, Riley-Lowe; Watkins, Simpson
According to the commentator, yes!

It is quite possible that we will have two left backs on the pitch, neither of whom will actually play at left back. Instead, we'll have a center back there!

LL

Well-known Exeweb poster
does seem weird, perhaps tis dont reckon riley lowe can manage the whole of the l'hs by himself quite yet

Well-known Exeweb poster
or perhaps he's playing 5 ax the bac?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
And some of us lived through six or seven years playing the same boring hoofball, when winning away from home was seen less often than pigs flying and we were chopping and changing managers on an average of every 18 months and the only battle we had was relegation/avoiding re-election. Whilst it might flatter to deceive ultimately at we do get glimpses of the play-off shake up every season at some point or another. We beat Argyle because we're in the same division (most of the aforementioned time they were at least one if not two divisions above us). We have a decent production line of our own kids coming through. Things might not be the best at the moment but I could ram Gerry Francis, Jim Iley and Colin Appleton down your throats until the cows come home when you want not to mention 'stars' like Trevva Morgan, Graham Kirkup, Jeff Wood et al.
Why surprised TKF? It's a new season with new faces. I'm not prone to writing seasons off before they've even begun.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah 5 ax the bac with taylor james and harley with wattkins and simpson up front ? if thats the case would prefer a target man to hold a touch more but hey we aint got one so,,,,,