• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

3 months since he started a game..

iscalad

Really impressed with Alex today, an excellent performance after so long out and a classy interview. Long may his career at city continue, although I fear it won’t be long before he leaves. He’s a class act and always has been, even when he suffered a loss in form. Top, top lad.
Kevin Nicholson at a Senior Reds meeting emphasised the point that all players had to be ready to play, even of they hadn't been in the match day squad recently.
Alex showed how it should be done today.

Red Monster

He was Alex at his best today, switched on and unflustered. It was like the good Alex had never been away.
Alex should keep his place on Saturday.
Surely GC can’t drop him after that?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex should keep his place on Saturday.
Surely GC can’t drop him after that?
Different oppo next Saturday, so may need something different. Who knows?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Alex was only in due to Suspensions and injuries. Agreed he played well, but for whatever reason, GC seemingly doesn't want him anymore at our club. A real shame. Suspect he will end up with MT At Bristol.

STURTZ

I think Alex was only in due to Suspensions and injuries. Agreed he played well, but for whatever reason, GC seemingly doesn't want him anymore at our club. A real shame. Suspect he will end up with MT At Bristol.
Not at all, Hartridge is up against Jules and Purrington for his place, who would you suggest he drops?
Love it when Harts is on his game, he adds something different to our game.
Heads, kicks and throws the ball further than anyone else in the team, great to have him in the squad.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not at all, Hartridge is up against Jules and Purrington for his place, who would you suggest he drops?
Love it when Harts is on his game, he adds something different to our game.
Heads, kicks and throws the ball further than anyone else in the team, great to have him in the squad.
Agree it is a difficult one, but I just think GC doesn't rate him and most probably at his ability to play from the back compared to Purrington and Jules. I can't see Hartridge being here next season, which is a shame, but if he isn't going to play, then he needs to move on and so do we.

STURTZ

Think Caldwell probably grew tired of the lapses in concentration.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think Caldwell probably grew tired of the lapses in concentration.
He did have a terrible run of form before being dropped, I am not criticising the decision, I Just think it is a combo of a number of factors and whilst I like Hartridge, I can see why he hasn't been playing despite a good performance yesterday and think he will go in the summer.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
People were saying at Cheltenham yesterday that Hartridge to Rovers is a done deal.

Rumour or fact?

He'd fit in well there and agree he will probably only be third choice here as we cannot and will not change our system and formation.

Not our most urgent problem.