• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alex will sign for Wrexham.
Crikey Fred, I didn't realise that you had your own hot line to La La land !

Bridgy 81

Wrexham certainly like a long throw and Alex can definitely launch it when given the opportunity.

fred binneys head

Crikey Fred, I didn't realise that you had your own hot line to La La land !
When he has signed for another club I’ll tell you a little story……

Maybe 😉

Stelios

Always sad to lose one of our own (when there isn't loads of dosh involved).

Always thought there was a bit of quality there but like others have said, definitely a 'lapse of concentration ' issue at times.

Felt the same about Sparkes (although always rated Sparkes more highly). Loved the way he pinged the ball. Can't teach that

arthur

It's been great watching him grow and develop over the years from his sending off against Newport three years ago to playing confidently and stylishly enough to be called Kaiser. Particularly enjoyed the sight of Rory McCardle coaching him on the pitch and helping him become the player he did. And watching him surf of course, but then he looks born to. But until his distribution improves he won't be good enough for upper middle League 1 which is where City now belong. He knows he'll always be warmly welcomed back here

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can well understand why he is going.Needs to be playing every week,not third choice behind Jules and Purrington. City losing some strength in depth there for next season.
Except he told the club he was going long before Purrington even arrived! Jules was signed because Alex said he wasn't staying. That's the problem when facts get in the way :)

grecIAN Harris

Its League 1 not the Premier League. Diabete doesn't need to be John Stones. He's a perfectly good League 1 defender. He would also be a big loss.

Let's not forget Sweeny ain't getting younger and imo recently has looked a bit of a liability in the games I've seen.
See the other thread.

Grecian Max

Would make the Disney doc more interesting!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Except he told the club he was going long before Purrington even arrived! Jules was signed because Alex said he wasn't staying. That's the problem when facts get in the way :)
He must have seen the writing on the wall by then.Certainly isn't the first player from the promotion winning squad to prefer a different challenge to what Caldwell is offering.

Grecian Max

I think Alex is a classy player - I once called him a Rolls Royce of as defender and I stick with that

You don't get many CBs in the lower two EFL divisions that have his ability

Ultimately a big loss for us, we have of course essentially replaced him already - but having good academy products out on the field (not Ben Seymour) is always a source of pride

At one point I hoped he could develop into a player that could be sold onto a Champ club, however he does retain holes in his gameplay so I'd expect a better League One club or Bristol Rovers to pick him up and continue to be a L1 player; think he won't ever quite reach the potential I think he has