• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can anyone link me to the club statement that says this trip is not going to cost the club a penny? I've searched, but can only find one ambiguous statement that could be taken in a number of ways. Thanks(y)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do what you like...but I doubt you run your business with such a lack of governance, checks and balances...
Indeed I don't, so why don't you think the club aren't doing the same?

Antony Moxey

The Club has also said that ground redevelopment would be at no cost to the Club. It seems that they have forgotten the £150k spent on consultants and architects - not to mention the salary of the man who was brought in to specifically oversee it.
Well seeing as the development hasn't been finished yet and neither has it been cancelled you cannot say what costs the club has incurred - in the final analysis they may well be covered, but until the development is completed you can't say who, finally, ended up paying what.

Although what that's got to do with Brazil I'm not really sure.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well seeing as the development hasn't been finished yet and neither has it been cancelled you cannot say what costs the club has incurred - in the final analysis they may well be covered, but until the development is completed you can't say who, finally, ended up paying what.

Although what that's got to do with Brazil I'm not really sure.
Seriously, we can't even afford to keep our assistant manager and you're being glib about £150k expenditure on a Scheme that is apparently deader than a Norwegian Blue..?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Work continues, the club having incurred nil costs, towards facilitating this historic event, befitting and respectful of the clubs history".

Found this, but all it appears to say is that arrangements for the event have been at nil cost: very different that saying the entire cost is covered.

Anyone?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
These figures have already been expended. As there is no scheme in the offing they could not be capitalised. Therefore they have already been charged to Club accounts.

Antony Moxey

Seriously, we can't even afford to keep our assistant manager and you're being glib about £150k expenditure on a Scheme that is apparently deader than a Norwegian Blue..?
Who's being glib? All I said was the development hasn't yet happened, what's glib about that. And why is it 'deader than a Norwegian Blue' just because it hasn't yet happened?

Antony Moxey

These figures have already been expended. As there is no scheme in the offing they could not be capitalised. Therefore they have already been charged to Club accounts.
So? Who's to say they won't in some way be refunded to the club by the time the scheme is finished?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we not turn this in to a discussion about redevelopment please? Keep on topic.

Mackster

Can we not turn this in to a discussion about redevelopment please? Keep on topic.
Well done Hants, it was descending into farce when Moxey suggested the £150k doesn't count as expenditure and we didn't even get an architects drawing.

Back on topic, I think it could be A or B

A) The club are lying (happy to be proved wrong, but not holding my breath)
B) Butch & Co are subsidising the club's cost of travel (in which case I'd be interested in how many hangers on travel)

Last edited: