• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

Chuckles

The youth get paid bugger all. If the Club are not out of pocket with this trip, I say let them (the youth) enjoy it.

I hope those that do travel to watch dont wear red and white striped City shirts...they may look OK in a rat infested favela but should never been seen on grown men on a plane, in an airport or indeed in a football ground. The low class look should never travel.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, its alright people arguing on here like butch and Moxey and derailing the thread topic, but there are certain things that ardent fans on here have a right to know, about this upcoming Brazilian shindig.

It was originally announced that the cost of this WHOLE DEAL would be absorbed by Flum. including the airfairs out of Heathrow, with a changeover of flight involved somewhere; because to my knowledge, there's no direct flight out of Heathrow to Brazil. This means a total flying time of at least 11 hours if you include the changeover. It was also claimed that Flum. agreed to pick up the tab for the hotel accommodation in Rio for the City contingent, and it wouldn't cost the club a penny! Does that still hold true Henderson & Tagg? Can we still rest assured that Flum. are sticking to their (alledgedly) original agreement, and paying for everything?

My other question, which I know is harder to answer is: Who apart from Rog HK (who's got money because he's a savvy businessman) do we we know who are exeweb members are booked into an official 'package' ? There seems to be an awful lot that admit to flying independant and geeting a 'ticket on the day' but who are the fully paid up 90+?
Can someone please link me to this statement, I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks.

Bittners a Legend

Can someone please link me to this statement, I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks.
I don't have the quote but it is possible one of these three buffoons mention it at some point during this embarrassing Press Conference globey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q19brHVzfk

They certainly make clear reference to "the hard work starting now" regarding finding sponsorship...that was ten months ago now of course...

Regardless of whether our costs are covered (and if they aren't then it is shambolic beyond words) it is quite clear that club employees (probably paid quite well) have wasted years on a project that is going to almost certainly make us no money. How much better that time could have been spent.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you can bear to watch, it's mentioned in this from about 3:30 in that the club were tasked to do it at no cost and that agents in Brazil and Fluminense have taken this responsibility - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q19brHVzfk

PeteUSA

No doubt about it, Tagg definitely says that "together with our agents over there, this'll be AT NO COST TO THE CLUB!!

eurogrecian

I couldn't give a ****** about this farce.
Then why spend hours posting messages complaining about it?

Tree49

Players' wages
PFA
Loan
That is all.

Alistair20000

Players' wages
PFA
Loan
That is all.
Further and better particulars please.

Bittners a Legend

Then why spend hours posting messages complaining about it?
Presumably because he is worried about what the consequences might be for our football club? Pretty obvious I would have thought. Goodness knows I have no interest in the event itself but more than a little concern about how the hell we are funding it and justifying the hours wasted on it.

If we were riding high in League One and with plenty of cash in the back I wouldn't particularly resent such a jolly as long as it was costing us nothing but given we have little evidence that it is and the Club has pretty obvious financial issues the whole thing is utterly alarming.

wemissmoxey

Presumably because he is worried about what the consequences might be for our football club? Pretty obvious I would have thought. Goodness knows I have no interest in the event itself but more than a little concern about how the hell we are funding it and justifying the hours wasted on it.

If we were riding high in League One and with plenty of cash in the back I wouldn't particularly resent such a jolly as long as it was costing us nothing but given we have little evidence that it is and the Club has pretty obvious financial issues the whole thing is utterly alarming.
Exactly.

I wouldn't bother with the likes of eurogrecian though, you are wasting your time, he or she is another of those who thinks everything at the club is hunky dory and anyone who questions or criticises is in the wrong.

Last edited: