• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any news on Stanno's injury?

Cygnus

With the first game at Leeds just over a week away, is there any news yet on how bad Adam Stansfield's injury is from last night's game at Weymouth? Let's hope it isn't serious, as we will really need him this season to stretch the opposition's defence, particularly in the tough away games like Leeds, when we are obviously going to pack the midfield and try to catch them on the break.

In the final run in of last season, Stanno was definitely missed and if he is out for any prolonged period, we need to get Ben Watson fit to fill that role or sign someone similar, as all our other forwards are of the same type. We need that bit of extra pace to open up the opposition, that Stanno gives us.

Hope Logie's calf injury isn't too bad either.

Worrying to pick up injuries like this so close to the start of the season, but the pre-season games have to be played and they could just as easily been injured in training, as Stanno was last season.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its a head injury isn't it? Hopefully stretchered off as a precaution - they're always very careful with any sort of head injury.

Would be good to get an update though. Anyone know what's going on?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Its a head injury isn't it? Hopefully stretchered off as a precaution - they're always very careful with any sort of head injury.

Would be good to get an update though. Anyone know what's going on?
No, not a head injury apparently. Not sure what it was.

TOP_CITY_FAN

No, not a head injury apparently. Not sure what it was.
Shabba mentioned on facebook that it is to do with his knee.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hear that it is an ankle/knee problem and that there is some concern as to its severity, as with all such injuries it is hard to tell the true extent of the damage until the swelling goes down. I guess we will hear when they are ready to tell us and would echo the OP in that I would assume Tis would have been planning to use him at some point agin the dirty Leeds scum, probably in the starting line up.

Let's all hope it turns out to be less of a problem than we fear and that Stans is there on the eighth, with his boots.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If it is his knee, wonder if it is the same one that got smashed by Marriott in training back in April.

twopintsrjp

I was at the ground picking up my season ticket and the chap down here said he was going for a scan today and the physio told him that he thinks that stanno should be ready for the start of the season.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's all hope it turns out to be less of a problem than we fear and that Stans is there on the eighth, with his boots.

I would say you have more chance of starting on the 8th Poult than Stanno

GrecianInWales

Hope Stanno's not injured, but if he is, I wonder if this will mean Ben Watson gets a chance?

budegrecian

Hope Stanno's not injured, but if he is, I wonder if this will mean Ben Watson gets a chance?
But isn't Watson also still injured ? He hasn't figured in any of the PSF's.