• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any news on Stanno's injury?

Living near Dursley, Working in Cheltenham

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Press conference tomorrow at midday according to the club website
To announce the arrival of Stuart Fleetwood on a 3 year deal for £80K [tap]

citylad60

Any chance of a linky thing to the press conference?

malcolms

I understand where you're coming from but I think, by now, we can take it for granted Tiz would have taken absolutely everything, including this, into consideration when offering Marcus a new contract.

I have absolutely no idea about Marcus' personal circumstances - who knows, perhaps this is, for instance, less a holiday more a honeymoon - but I do know he was intent on retiring at the end of last season.

Clearly, Tiz has persuaded him to change his mind and is, on balance, not overly concerned that he'll miss a bit of pre-season. I guess he reasons 10 months of Stewart, as opposed to 11, is better than no Stewart at all.

And if Tiz is happy with that so am I.
As you say Egg, if PT is happy then that's what matters in the context of the team but IMHO it doesn't send out the right message. Even though they hate it, pre-season is acknowledged by players as the time when they establish their base fitness to carry them through the season. Its not like he's a 19year old and if he's lagging or injured in November you may already have the answer as to why.

citylad60

IS there any chance of a link to the press conference item please?

greenawayr

Slight tweaks for Logan and wait for it....Barry Corr as well according to WMN. But neither serious.

Press conference sounds interesting, we've released a batch of trialists so I'm guessing this could be a few being offered a deal.

CC

I thought the Press Conference thing was just another pun on the name of Noone as it was said to be occuring at midday? :S

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

As you say Egg, if PT is happy then that's what matters in the context of the team but IMHO it doesn't send out the right message. Even though they hate it, pre-season is acknowledged by players as the time when they establish their base fitness to carry them through the season. Its not like he's a 19year old and if he's lagging or injured in November you may already have the answer as to why.
Fair comments Malcolm, but I do think Marcus and Rob know their bodies well enough to make sure they "pace" themselves over a course of a season. It's been well documented that Marcus is still one of the fittest at the club, and i thought he played a massive role at the back end of last season.

The "older" players really impressed me last year with the way they finished the season strongly.

malcolms

Fair comments Malcolm, but I do think Marcus and Rob know their bodies well enough to make sure they "pace" themselves over a course of a season. It's been well documented that Marcus is still one of the fittest at the club, and i thought he played a massive role at the back end of last season.

The "older" players really impressed me last year with the way they finished the season strongly.
I guess we will see..

brumgrecian

Great news about Adam. I think he'll have a big role to play this season, particularly away from home.