• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashes 2013/14

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Broad , gold star for what ? not cheating for once in his career or over appealing for a change ? he's done **** all.

he had the ability to be a all rounder , but his batting has gone so downhill , he's just comes in and tries slogging -
His bowling was consistently excellent when all around him was pretty dreadful. His batting showed gumption towards the end.

Leads

Would be very surprised if Cook was dropped as captain but more because of the lack of alternatives rather than his attributes (or lack of them). Same with Bell and KP, both had poor series but I don't think getting rid of them will benefit England, certainly short term anyway.

Joe Root is a really good player, his form early season for Yorkshire was stupidly good but for England he just seems to dig himself into a hole.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well of course he would - if you constantly describe everyone as "roobish" then you won't waver.
He didn't need to waver in this series...it was consistently "roobish"

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Boycott shouldn't be allowed near a microphone - he is so out of touch with the modern game its untrue - batting for 3 days to score a 50 - **** off Boycott its 2014 not 1974

As for England , Cook to stay as Skipper , KP to stop being a **** and score some runs , Say goodbye to Tremlett , Finn , Monty , Bairstow

I reckon you may see my mate - Jamie Overton in a 3 lions shirt soon as well....

downthetrack

ODI Looks like another stuffing on the cards England 270 .Aus 110-0 off of 19 overs

Alistair20000

I could not be bothered to watch it Tracky.

I see we were 28-2 after the power play: feckin' dire.

P.S. Hope to see you a bit more on here following the bannage from ADT. Is it for life ?

malcolms

Boycott shouldn't be allowed near a microphone - he is so out of touch with the modern game its untrue - batting for 3 days to score a 50 - **** off Boycott its 2014 not 1974

As for England , Cook to stay as Skipper , KP to stop being a **** and score some runs , Say goodbye to Tremlett , Finn , Monty , Bairstow

I reckon you may see my mate - Jamie Overton in a 3 lions shirt soon as well....
Boycott's average is almost identical to KP in almost the same number of Tests.....

wemissmoxey

Do you really believe this is a "quality" Aussie attack? They have one quick who has a suspect temperament and can be terrible when confronted with a batter who has a real technique, two medium quick journeymen and an average spinner....
Come on Malco, be fair, whilst I don't think they have anyone of the quality of a Warne or McGrath, they have some bowlers who have bowled to a very high standard.

Johnson is having one of those spells where everything he touches turns to gold, fair play to him however he will lose it sooner or later, I rate Harris very very highly and have done for a long time, he is a top quality bowler, he bowls with good accuracy and good pace, he is a class act imho, how you can describe him as a medium quick journeyman is beyond me. Siddle has bowled very well as well, ability wise I don't think he is anything special however he is capable of banging out a line and length time and time again, even Lyon has bowled with great control and got some spin, they have all bowled very very well.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Boycott's average is almost identical to KP in almost the same number of Tests.....
strike rate ? give me a KP innings over a Boycott one any day of the week.

Alistair20000

strike rate ? give me a KP innings over a Boycott one any day of the week.
I had my share of watching Boycott prodding a game to utter torpor but I would not have minded some innings of that nature in this series. We might have avoided a whitewash.