• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashes 2013/14

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
12th june at Lords , unlikely to spin , so quick/seam bowlers will be the order of the day....

Root and KP as you mentioned can hold up an end if needed.

Weve got no real spinner currently have we , Monty looks to have been disregarded , Tredwell is ****e , Kerrigan looked like a fish out of water , Borthwick did ok but again he's no Shane Warne....

I rate Samit Patel , but he seems to be keen on the old ruby a bit too much for the selectors liking.

Alistair20000

12th june at Lords , unlikely to spin , so quick/seam bowlers will be the order of the day....

Root and KP as you mentioned can hold up an end if needed.

Weve got no real spinner currently have we , Monty looks to have been disregarded , Tredwell is ****e , Kerrigan looked like a fish out of water , Borthwick did ok but again he's no Shane Warne....

I rate Samit Patel , but he seems to be keen on the old ruby a bit too much for the selectors liking.
I had forgotten we start at Lord's so yes the pace attack will be key. As for the spinning department, the cupboard is pretty bare right now. Kerrigan must be persevered with though. I agree with you about Samit Patel and Moeen Ali is also one to watch.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Lord's doesn't spin in June? Tell that to Ollie Rayner last June - 5/63 vs Sussex...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/engine/match/593489.html

And Adil Rashid (and Rayner) a week later...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/engine/match/593495.html

Alistair20000

Lord's doesn't spin in June? Tell that to Ollie Rayner last June - 5/63 vs Sussex...
1-118 in the second innings though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's because he's rubbish. Although he's on the England Lions tour (on the basis of 16 wickets against Sorry, I suspect).