• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away end collapsed

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although the collapse doesn't seem to go back as far as the terracing I assume that the away end will now be closed until remedial worksey to make the area safe are carried out?
...Anyway, good job it's not a disgrace, because if it was a disgrace we'd really be in the sh8t

Antony Moxey

...Anyway, good job it's not a disgrace, because if it was a disgrace we'd really be in the sh8t
Can you expand on that so that it makes sense? 'Really in the sh8t' how?

IndoMike

Nothing to expand on, old bean.. Perfectly clear : all in English.

Antony Moxey

No it's not - how does the condition of the terrace make us more or less 'in the sh8t' as you put it if a wall collapses?

Boyo

No it's not - how does the condition of the terrace make us more or less 'in the sh8t' as you put it if a wall collapses?
Ant, how come you always end up having really pedantic arguments with people over a specific word or two someone has written?

Antony Moxey

Ant, how come you always end up having really pedantic arguments with people over a specific word or two someone has written?
It's not a pedantic argument, it's a request for clarification on what appears, to me, to be little more than a sarcastic attempt to be clever.

Andy_H

Well looking at the news both on TV and web and seeing how many other walls around the West Country have collapsed this last 24 hrs it makes our 'little' effort pale into insignificance. Well unless you have some 'agenda' against anything ECFC that is, then it's a 'MAJOR CATASTROPHE' which will send us to the wall or down into the conference or make us the 'laughing stock' of FIFA!! I hardly think so somehow.

Get real please, it's about a 20 ft length of wall that has collapsed, no-one was hurt and with the right technical support and assistance it will be repaired fairly quickly i'd imagine.

To read some reports on Exeweb you'd think that SJP had been struck by a meteorite or something equally devastating.

grecIAN Harris

It's nothing more than the usual overkill by our Daily Mail type supporter, Andy. Hyping up something that needs to be addressed, in terms of the landslide, and using it to over hype something that isn't that much of problem but could do with addressing in the future, in terms of the away end.

Last edited:

IndoMike

It's not a pedantic argument, it's a request for clarification on what appears, to me, to be little more than a sarcastic attempt to be clever.
Well, if you think it's a sarcastic attempt to be clever, why do you need the clarification?

Antony Moxey

Well, if you think it's a sarcastic attempt to be clever, why do you need the clarification?
What I think and what I know are two different things, it would be nice to know whether my thoughts were correct and if they weren't what the correct explanation was.