• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City F.C. Match Day Thread

tonykellowfan

About the only player who actually played well was Page when he came on.

Sparkes at LB and Collins at LM is just beyond ridiculous.

If Jay has to come off because of injury/fatigue then please put Collins in his place up top behind Bowman this surely has to be a better option than Seymour who quite simply is not good enough for L2 at the moment.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did he? I thought he was terrible but no worse than the rest of them so maybe that’s an improvement for him.
Yes he used the ball much better than he has been doing.

Red red

Let’s put into perspective. If we had played well and lost at Cambridge most people thought that might happen then pls poorly and beat Barrow. Again what most people thought it would have been the 3 points most people thought but as is usual with city we do back to front. 6 massive games left. We can do this. If it is good for city to do it. Now that’s another question

Red Monster

Big Nige had a better game last night despite picking up an early card, I can’t think of anything else positive to say about the game though.
No he didn’t he slowed us down to much and kept playing
passes back to Tom Parkes .
He’s a midfielder we needed him to drive forward so
they couldn’t get set and have loads of bodies behind the
ball.

tonykellowfan

Atangana repeatedly played like a robot receiving the ball and automatically turning back towards goal and passing backwards. We got the occasional sideways pass if we were lucky.

IndoMike

Atangana repeatedly played like a robot receiving the ball and automatically turning back towards goal and passing backwards. We got the occasional sideways pass if we were lucky.
Perhaps he just has a bad sense of direction..

Red Devon

**** poor performance and even more disappointing given how well we played against Cambridge.
I think from now on if we start Attangana, I will bet on the other team - I can only see this as some sort of match fixing and inside betting.

I've had enough of Taylor now, sometimes says the right things but after 3 seasons there is only so many times you can say the same things.
He has had plenty of transfer windows to bring in his own players and make us compete how he wants us too.
But 2 out of 3 seasons we have not made the play offs.

I am just going to say it - TAYLOR OUT!!
Matt Taylor doesn’t have a competitive budget in the transfer market, his trump card is showing any transfer targets around the training ground and hoping they like what they see.

grecIAN Harris

Our players weren't driving.

You can rest up on a bus !!!

These are young athletes ffs, not 95 year old war veterans.
Have you ever played having travelled to a game on a coach for even a couple of hours? I have and it is mind and body numbing. I'm sure I read at the start of the thread the team left at 9am for a trip that lasted 7 or 8 hours. The lads would have had a 45 minute break for driver regulations, other than you can't get up and have a wonder about and stretch your legs like you can on a train. So seven sat in the same spot (personally I've never found coaches that comfortable). Why do you think clubs travel up the day before when affordable?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor doesn’t have a competitive budget in the transfer market, his trump card is showing any transfer targets around the training ground and hoping they like what they see.
The likes of Cheltenham, Cambridge, Newport and Morecambe don't have massive budgets.

Time to stop the excuses.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you ever played having travelled to a game on a coach for even a couple of hours? I have and it is mind and body numbing. I'm sure I read at the start of the thread the team left at 9am for a trip that lasted 7 or 8 hours. The lads would have had a 45 minute break for driver regulations, other than you can't get up and have a wonder about and stretch your legs like you can on a train. So seven sat in the same spot (personally I've never found coaches that comfortable). Why do you think clubs travel up the day before when affordable?
We have travelled up the day before previously and been total turd.

It's another lame excuse, sitting on a bus doesn't mean our players lose the ability to pass the ball.