• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City F.C. Match Day Thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Top clubs put a limit of 3 hours on a coach trip, any more can result in negative effects on performance due to stiffness and muscle issues, apparently. I guess overnights are problematic with Covid, and with no Flybe, there was no alternative.

grecIAN Harris

We have travelled up the day before previously and been total turd.

It's another lame excuse, sitting on a bus doesn't mean our players lose the ability to pass the ball.
About the only player who actually played well was Page when he came on.

Sparkes at LB and Collins at LM is just beyond ridiculous.

If Jay has to come off because of injury/fatigue then please put Collins in his place up top behind Bowman this surely has to be a better option than Seymour who quite simply is not good enough for L2 at the moment.
Collins isn't a striker or a number 10. I'm sure you were one of many who used to berate Tisdale for playing square pegs in round holes..

IndoMike

So the players reward for thumping Cambridge was a long, return trip to the back of nowhere three days later?
No wonder they couldn't be arsed.

raleighnc

Not the same thing as a remit though is it?
So what do you think his remit was, I presume you think he’s delivering?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

tonykellowfan

Collins isn't a striker or a number 10. I'm sure you were one of many who used to berate Tisdale for playing square pegs in round holes..
True. But he is good going forward and I think a better option than Seymour playing behind Bowman if we need to change things.

Reactions: Ash

Boyo

Some laughable comments on this thread, typical Exeweb when things are not perfectly rosey. Why do people think that the reason teams lose matches is because of a lack of effort, desire or passion? Ok so when teams are 3 or 4 behind you do see them sometimes ease up, but I can honestly say that I've never seen a team give up whilst drawing or just a goal or two behind. You really have to be pretty stupid to think the players don't want to succeed, particularly given many of them will likely be on match win and/or promotion bonuses. It's just a lazy thing that fans say to conceal the fact they don't really understand the game.

Nigel E

True. But he is good going forward and I think a better option than Seymour playing behind Bowman if we need to change things.
Agree. When Collins came into the side he was apparently an attacking midfielder being asked to play a more defensive position. But we've rarely played him in an attacking role.

Goes back to our failure to sign a proper defensive midfielder - in years.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the positive for me right now is that we aren't about to go bust or borrow heavily to survive but rather have millions in the bank to keep the club afloat.

But the football is going to have to be a lot more consistent once fans are allowed to return otherwise we will start losing money and the surplus will dwindle.

Matt Taylor has at times done very well and at times been a disappointment. I appreciate the stability but at the same time the previous manger was mismanaged and not held to account post-relegation and I would prefer that Matt isn't given forever without any clear goals to achieve just because that's how we 'always' do things at the club. he needs to be publicly set some goals and we as fans should be clearly told what the club's ambitions are for the next five years (after all, that worked before).

jimbo-gould

Collins was always a number 10, or certainly a more advanced midfielder while in the youth set up, unless I'm mistaken. Like Key was alway a winger.