• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers - Matchday Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Horrible performance, very lucky not to be 5:0 down at halftime….Diabate and Grounds so slow and indecisive in defence with Caprice having a mare of an afternoon, going forward we lacked the quality to create any chances of note…the introduction of Sparkes, Dieng and Nombe meant we al least began to have a little bit of a go at a strong looking Bolton team but the match was probably gone by then.

dontpassback

Caldwell needs to sort this out quickly !

i8cornwall

we gave Tisdale nearly 5 years after his sell by date to improve
My point has been proven.

Cheers have a great evening.

supernova

My point has been proven.

Cheers have a great evening.
no what I’m saying is your being a impatient twot if you want the manager gone already.

Colesman Ballz

we gave Tisdale nearly 5 years after his sell by date to improve
Not really, we couldn't afford to sack him because of his 2 year roller ! When the notice expired on that nice little earner/safety blanket he was off like a shot !

milts

Regardless of opposition 1 win in 7/8 games (a last minute winner) and some very questionable performances, doubts are starting to be raised over Caldwell.

Some would say it’s beginning to look a lot like Chesterfield!

supernova

Regardless of opposition 1 win in 7/8 games (a last minute winner) and some very questionable performances, doubts are starting to be raised over Caldwell.

Some would say it’s beginning to look a lot like Chesterfield!
We have put in some decent performances under Caldwell but we have shipped too many goals. The latter was happening under Taylor - the difference being he had a very fortunate string of games at the start of the season against sides of our level

Colesman Ballz

That first half performance was dire. It tells you something when the only bright moment was hearing that the Cornish had missed a penalty against Morecambe, and even that didn't ultimately end well either !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the way home from a miserable experience. Starting Grounds made a bad situation worse. As others have said Chieck looks so poor on the right and unless Stubbs makes a miraculous recovery two centre backs must be in the Jan window. Whilst it appeared the second half was an improvement it should be remembered that Bolton decided they were happy with 2-0 and barely got out of 2nd gear in that half. We improved with Dieng and Nombe on the pitch and for me both have to start. Oh and those calling for the manager to go have a word with yourself he hasnt even had a window yet to change anything!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m sure I read a comment when he was appointed from a Chesterfield/Patrick Thistle fan that there will be a player/s that play far less than they should. Seems that player is Nombe.

We have one of the best front three in the league. We just never play them together.

With the defence as shit as it is we may as well start all 3 and go for it.
To be fair, previously Brown has sat out whilst Nombe started. I don't think we can afford the luxury of playing all three every game...and he'd get pelters if Stanno was the one left out.

However, for an away game such as today Nombe should definitely start IMO.