• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers - Matchday Thread

Bat Fastard

i'm not calling for caldwell out, i'm saying it's a valid discussion if he loses to two teams in and around us leaving his record at 1 win in 9. Especially how promising our early season form was. Any other club would do similarly, and it quite annoys me the strain of 'we're just happy to be here it's not the end of the world' in our support.

ChardGrecian

Caldwell was an absolutely terrible appointment at probably the most important time possible for us to push on in league one. Really have to question the board as to why he was appointed given his track record or was he simply the cheap option?
Really would like to know who was on the interview panel and are they prepared to be held accountable if performances continues to slide.

Fareham Grecian

i'm not calling for caldwell out, i'm saying it's a valid discussion if he loses to two teams in and around us leaving his record at 1 win in 9. Especially how promising our early season form was. Any other club would do similarly, and it quite annoys me the strain of 'we're just happy to be here it's not the end of the world' in our support.
You want to be like ‘any other club’? York, Hereford, Torquay, Chesterfield, Stockport, Chester, Darlington, Aldershot, Southend, Halifax, Scunthorpe, Yeovil, Oldham - those sorts of sides?

Boyo

So of those 9 games which teams did/do you *expect* us to beat?

red1

Caldwell wont be going anywhere in a hurry !! He made it clear that he has been given a long contract.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on everyone, 20 years ago we were bankrupt and playing Margate and Woking. Losing at Bolton Wanderers is hardly the end of the world.
Absolutely right. Losing 2-0 at Bolton is not the end of the world.

But playing a first half where we deserved to go in 5-0 down may, if repeated in other games, endanger our spell in League One.

Bat Fastard

So of those 9 games which teams did/do you *expect* us to beat?
i don't 'expect' us to beat any particular side - but i'd expect us to pick up more than one win in a stretch of 9 league games, regardless of fixtures. even if were underdogs in every game it's still underperforming to upset the odds only once. Out of interest, how badly would this season have to go before you thought a discussion around the manager was warranted? genuinely interested

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you want a valid discussion but other people's opinions annoy you?

Bat Fastard

So you want a valid discussion but other people's opinions annoy you?
Yeah I don’t see how this is mutually exclusive?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, there is clearly a discussion going on and nobody is saying there shouldn't be, they just have different opinions to yours.