• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Breaking News on Redevelopment

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following Exeter City Council's Cabinet decision last night on 'Policy Initiatives for Strategic Success,' when it was decided that the freehold of St. James' Park could be sold to the Club at the original cost price, the Club has finally decided to implement Redevelopment Plan B. This would allow the optimum financing package already agreed with a major developer to be utilized at the immediate end to the current season.

Preliminary talks on planning have been held by the developer and firm proposals will now go through the next planning cycle.

St. James' Park will be fully closed for the 2015-16 season whilst the work is undertaken. Exeter Chiefs have agreed a groundshare package whilst the work is taking place.

More news later as the details become available.....

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't this one of the few times that something shouldn't be mentioned until its been officially announced?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't this one of the few times that something shouldn't be mentioned until its been officially announced?
I've always been one for openness. We've waited a long time for this!

PeteUSA

That would be the usual sequence, but if Adrian is privvy to news of the somewhat exciting nature above, he has every right to post what he's heard. He's no longer connected with the BoS or the club to my knowledge, so who's likely to rap his knuckles?

OmanGrecian

I call April Fools

PeteUSA

Oh no!! Dont say that!!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I call April Fools
Hardly, the Policy Initiatives for Strategic Success (P*SS) shows that Exeter City Council is taking firm steps to ensure the future viability of the Club. It's a shame that the news had to break on this particular day.

Last edited:

angelic upstart

D'oh! FFS. In my defence I've only had three hours sleep!

PeteUSA

D'oh! FFS. In my defence I've only had three hours sleep!
And I'll be lucky to get three hours sleep at this rate! RW are you having us on or what?

Fareham Grecian

And I'll be lucky to get three hours sleep at this rate! RW are you having us on or what?
Do you not have April Fools Day in the US?