• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Breaking News on Redevelopment

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Spoke to Taggy after the game today to ask if the club could find the money to relocate the radio commentators to the WTS to give them a better view and therefore a better commentary. He replied that he was hopeful that the OG could be coming down before too long. I asked him if any progress was being made and he said that the progress was very good but then said he wasn't sure what we would be able to afford to put in its place.

Comment was made to him that it maybe a case of everyone bring a deckchair.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spoke to Taggy after the game today to ask if the club could find the money to relocate the radio commentators to the WTS to give them a better view and therefore a better commentary. He replied that he was hopeful that the OG could be coming down before too long. I asked him if any progress was being made and he said that the progress was very good but then said he wasn't sure what we would be able to afford to put in its place.

Comment was made to him that it maybe a case of everyone bring a deckchair.
Why take the OG down when you're not sure what the replacement will be? It doesn't sound like a very well structured enabling deal to me.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Why take the OG down when you're not sure what the replacement will be? It doesn't sound like a very well structured enabling deal to me.
Maybe he knows exactly what is going to be there but for the time being he doesnt want to show his hand ?

crocks

Maybe he knows exactly what is going to be there but for the time being he doesnt want to show his hand ?
Really?????

Silver fox

They'll be no redevelopment in the near future, that OG will still be there in 10years time, mark my words.

Spoonz Red E

It'll be a listed building.

Listing even more after a strong wind.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Really?????
5 Question marks when 1 would have done ?

I said that because like most things once someone has spoken with a member of City staff and gets any sort of comment about anything happening ref the club then posts on here that they may have had a very brief conversation within hours it becomes the truth and those people concerned become accountable with following it through to the end or risk being lynched !

Most people like me who go to the games regularly have brief chats/banter with staff etc but dont come on here with "oh i spoke with a member of staff at the game and he said so n so " like some sort of chinese whispers

Last edited:

fisherman69

weren't clubs given a certain date where all wooden structures like our og had to be replaced? I seem to remember it being mentioned a while ago.

STURTZ

So when's Basham coming back?

ecfc70

weren't clubs given a certain date where all wooden structures like our og had to be replaced? I seem to remember it being mentioned a while ago.
probably 5 years after Bradford fire in 1985