• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Tranmere Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We could do with the Hartlepool situation re points deductions being crystal clear before we go there. Anyone know the timescales?
Monday the 26th, I believe. And Pete USA if/when they lose the 3 points, it drags them down into the mire.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Roman geezer.

I think maybe I'd prefer them to escape the points deduction and be safe, but I guess it's a win-win.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Thanks Brentford , never doubted you wouldnt win at home to Tranmere...

Charlton at home , is a game were likely to get a bit of time and space in and that suits us so hopefully we can do another "leeds"

StroudGrecian

One more win should now see us safe. Two draws might well do it.

toast

Thank you Brentford

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you Brentford

Garybaldbee

Glad we could do you a favour tonight. Good luck in your remaining games. Exeter is a good away day and you always bring a fair support to us so I hope we see you in League 1 next season.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...

Mackster

Just got back, after visiting The Griffin once again. Was worried pre-game that the Bees would have their feet up, but was assured by the locals all players are on win bonuses - which is just as well as they have Hartlepool last game. Well from the first half you wouldn't have guessed as Brentford looked disinterested and Tranny looked by far the more hungrier.

The second half was a different story as the Bees started working the flanks, but you still thought one goal would settle it. Tranmere looked to have run out of ideas, and that was that you thought, but a rebound from a free kick was dispatched and we began to settle for a draw. But credit the Bees, they finished strong, and a delightfully engineered move by Strevens & MacDonald sent the visiting City hordes into raptures.

The Bees had a couple of more chances to seal it, but the last chance fell to Tranmere, and it was Arsenal loan keeper Szczesny who put Almunia & Fabianski to shame with salmon like leap to deny a point for the visitors.

Griffin Park is a fine place to visit for a football match, and the Bees have given us a chance to come back again next season. As for Tranmere, Colchester & Millwall will be tough games and don't write off the last game against Stockport. Not just a derby, but a Manc v Merseyside derby. Stockport have been waiting all season for this game.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too many ifs, buts and maybes for my liking. I reckon I left my rose tinted glasses at Tranmere!

It's all well and good saying one win could do it, but if Tranmere win Saturday then it means nothing. We've had too many draws and that has been our downfall. Now is the time to stop playing safe and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!!