• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont think the question marks around the manager's future rest on this season. The Club Boarc has made its decision and he will stay in post for the remainder of the season.

Next season is the critical one for GC. If we're in League 1 and we have a run of results which leave us near the relegation zone, I'd hope that the Club Board learns from this season and takes appropriate action. Similarly, if we're in League 2 and we're not in the play-off zone from the start, the Club Board utilises its learning curve and takes appropriate action.

The underlying issue is that the Club Board members should have performance targets set for them by the Trust Board and the Club employees should have performance targets set for them by the Club Board, where underachievement is followed by corrective management action.
Yes, if we’re in L1 and have a similar run of results our dimwit board will say well he got us out of last time so he’s obviously the man to do it this time as well.

I don’t know which is worse, the fact that he’s a successful con artist managing to comfortably convince the board that he’s the man or the board’s gullibility in believing the fraud.

Edna Clouds

This is the wrong thread for a rant on this but... People saying thing like 'Our ownership model is restricting us blah blah blah' can you please shut up. We don't have one rich owner to plough money in boo hoo. We have roughly 4000 trust members or co-owners. If you think the club needs more money then up your contribution! Can you imagine if we had a couple of rich trust members willing to chuck money away like some some club owners do? Our model doesn't stop a local fan made good chucking money at the club so why is it restrictive in the finance sense? There are other threads already on this and I (like most fans I know) don't want our club to be the play thing of one rich person. Reading fans would probably snap your hand off for our model at the moment.

Back on thread, a couple of wins has made me less 'out' but still out unless we stay up. A relegation is a failure. Caldwell does appear to still have the players playing for him but there has been high a turnover of players and staff in the last year. This is understandable with a change of manager but if this doesn't settle down you have to wonder why.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Screenshot_20240114_165807_X.jpg

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
who’s is our top scorer in the league ? Sonny?

who’s is our top scorer in the league ? Sonny?
Joint on 2 with Scott I think, though Scott has 5 more yellow cards…

Grecianman135

Nigel E

Joint on 2 with Scott I think, though Scott has 5 more yellow cards…
Ryan Trevitt scored three in the league (and 2 in the league cup). So is currently our top scorer.

Banksy

Ryan Trevitt scored three in the league (and 2 in the league cup). So is currently our top scorer.
The way it’s going transfer wise and if we resign Muskrat it might stay that way.

tavyred

This is the wrong thread for a rant on this but... People saying thing like 'Our ownership model is restricting us blah blah blah' can you please shut up. We don't have one rich owner to plough money in boo hoo. We have roughly 4000 trust members or co-owners. If you think the club needs more money then up your contribution! Can you imagine if we had a couple of rich trust members willing to chuck money away like some some club owners do? Our model doesn't stop a local fan made good chucking money at the club so why is it restrictive in the finance sense? There are other threads already on this and I (like most fans I know) don't want our club to be the play thing of one rich person. Reading fans would probably snap your hand off for our model at the moment.

Back on thread, a couple of wins has made me less 'out' but still out unless we stay up. A relegation is a failure. Caldwell does appear to still have the players playing for him but there has been high a turnover of players and staff in the last year. This is understandable with a change of manager but if this doesn't settle down you have to wonder why.
On the contrary the pros and cons of our ownership model informs the debate on most things ECFC, especially if you feel like I do that in many ways GC is carrying the can for the limitations of our budget. That said, I get that some feel that a decent manager can buck those limitations and GC is not that man regardless.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was unfortunately a lot longer than three years but I agree he could have been an all time legend
If Tisdale had left when Swansea came knocking he'd have failed quite quickly with them and more than likely returned to us at some point, with open arms from everyone. His sh!tness and arrogance would have then shone through eventually so his demise as an ECFC legend was inevitable which ever way you look at it!