• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
and that’s my exact point - he didn’t IMO deserve to be in a position to accumulate that point total in the last 10 based on the 3 months prior to that.

IMO he should have been sacked based on the 3 month performance before this run of positive results started.

Fair play to him , i’ve no issue with the bloke personally i just judge a football manager based on results they get which i think is fair and for me 3 months of not getting any results is too long - others don’t agree and that’s fair enough.

If i didn’t hit my target or have a good day for 3 consecutive months in my job i’d be more than likely kicked out the door….that’s how i view it (rightly or wrongly is down to interpretation)
Yeah, you weren't the only one. I was wanting him out as well. I think probably the majority of fans felt that way. But since then, we've smashed it, haven't we. Which means the controversial decision that we were all angry about (various stopped clocks on here excluded), was the right choice. He's done better than any reasonable bar we'd have set the new manager... Therefore you've got to say Tagg, Hawker and co made the right call. Saying they were lucky is a bit churlish, surely?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagine this "poll" represented how we actually behaved as an administrative body, changing its mind every match and constantly chosing the wrong path, total unco ordinated chaos.
It's the skill set, vision and abilities that matter in the boardroom if they re fans then great but not necessary.
But the changes are small - one or two each game. It’s never had a swing of ten or more percent each game so what you describe above has never actually happened, either with the poll or through various discussions or threads. You’re just making it up to try and make is seem as though you know better than anyone else.

STURTZ

But the changes are small - one or two each game. It’s never had a swing of ten or more percent each game so what you describe above has never actually happened, either with the poll or through various discussions or threads. You’re just making it up to try and make is seem as though you know better than anyone else.
You said it!😄

Antony Moxey

Yeah, you weren't the only one. I was wanting him out as well. I think probably the majority of fans felt that way. But since then, we've smashed it, haven't we. Which means the controversial decision that we were all angry about (various stopped clocks on here excluded), was the right choice. He's done better than any reasonable bar we'd have set the new manager... Therefore you've got to say Tagg, Hawker and co made the right call. Saying they were lucky is a bit churlish, surely?
They didn’t make the right call because they didn’t make any call. They didn’t have the spine to either sack him or publicly say they were backing him. In essence they buried their heads in the sand hoping it would all go away.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
My fingers hovering over the in button. Not pressing it. Yet.

geoffwp

I'm still of the opinion that they didn't make any call at all. They just let things carry on hoping things would change, as actually taking action would mean admitting they got the appointment wrong and we can't have that can we?!!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
They didn’t make the right call because they didn’t make any call. They didn’t have the spine to either sack him or publicly say they were backing him. In essence they buried their heads in the sand hoping it would all go away.
Nonsense. They backed him. It's only spineless if you presuppose that binning him was the choice to make. They've been proven right. We've been proven to have been wrong. You surely can't be saying they were right, but accidentally, through spinelessness?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still of the opinion that they didn't make any call at all. They just let things carry on hoping things would change, as actually taking action would mean admitting they got the appointment wrong and we can't have that can we?!!
Right, but they were right weren't they? Struggling with this one.

Antony Moxey

Nonsense. They backed him. It's only spineless if you presuppose that binning him was the choice to make. They've been proven right. We've been proven to have been wrong. You surely can't be saying they were right, but accidentally, through spinelessness?
That’s exactly what I’m saying. They were too scared to make a decision, and too scared to come out and say publicly they were backing him. Fortunately for them their inaction has proven, so far, to be right, but don’t ever kid yourself it was by design, it was pure fluke.

Larry Wilkie

and that’s my exact point - he didn’t IMO deserve to be in a position to accumulate that point total in the last 10 based on the 3 months prior to that.

IMO he should have been sacked based on the 3 month performance before this run of positive results started.

Fair play to him , i’ve no issue with the bloke personally i just judge a football manager based on results they get which i think is fair and for me 3 months of not getting any results is too long - others don’t agree and that’s fair enough.

If i didn’t hit my target or have a good day for 3 consecutive months in my job i’d be more than likely kicked out the door….that’s how i view it (rightly or wrongly is down to interpretation)
Or if it was a decent company, they might sit you down and offer you the chance to prove yourself, maybe set some targets for you to achieve to prove you’re the right man for the job.
Offer you the incentive of investment to improve what you have to work with, then if all still is not going right, it could potentially lead to your dismissal??