• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd FC v Exeter City FC Match Day Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If players aren’t pulling there weight throw them it with the reserves for a reality check
That isnt what he was saying or implying

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
glad Taylor said there will be changes for Wycombe . If players aren’t pulling there weight throw them it with the reserves for a reality check
What reserve team would that be? The Ladies have one, I believe.

STURTZ

Heresy I know but the way MT left things the way they were teamwise, when it was clear we were losing territorial advantage until it was too late to change things put me in mind of Paul Tisdale.

Last edited:

Grecianpasty

Sounds to me from hearing MT's comments that our midfield where poor. We're reliant on Collins deliver the ball in space to our attacking players. If that doesn't happen, we're screwed. I'm suprised that Kegs didn't come into that role considering he's a ball carrying midfielder.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday already.

iscalad

Sounds to me from hearing MT's comments that our midfield where poor. We're reliant on Collins deliver the ball in space to our attacking players. If that doesn't happen, we're screwed. I'm suprised that Kegs didn't come into that role considering he's a ball carrying midfielder.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday already.
Hopefully it'll be a bit cooler. Might be a bit wet though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You tube highlights

dommers

Fairly scathing comments from MT about our subs.
We're going to see some changes for Tues according to the manager. Just wondering who's good enough for 90 minutes against Wycombe but not 30 against Cambridge

Thames Valley Red

Having been to the game yesterday and watch all our leagues for the last 10-15 straight, I think MT made a mistake in the heat yesterday. We played great and the team lost that game through game management. A point away in this league is always good and we lacked control near the end. I agree with Sparkes/Caprice sentiment, the heat was the hottest I watched in 45 years. If MT has so much money, then why have the signings not come in. Jamal was a sensible signing and now we need another 3 players to make us competitive. I think we have reduced the squad my nearly 10 players. It seems the club policy to invest in the pitch training ground and other areas. I don't think the 33% tranche of spending has applied this year. The training ground is circa £600k over spent. I am guessing we needed to sell a player for £1M to make another step change. I am happy with the start, we need to win our home games. A Cambridge fan walking from the ground adjudged we have enough to stay up, looking at Burton, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Port Vale and others look weaker to me. We must stay tight on and off the pitch. We need to strengthen.

geoffwp

Talk about doom and gloom. There was probably less on board the titanic as it went down! It does read like some folk revel in their negativity, know exactly what the manager is thinking and know precisely the financial situation of the club. Someone even found the comment 'get a grip' rude!! 😂. You could not make it up. Thank goodness for those balanced, thoughtful comments that keep things in the real world and out of the asylum.

iscalad

Talk about doom and gloom. There was probably less on board the titanic as it went down! It does read like some folk revel in their negativity, know exactly what the manager is thinking and know precisely the financial situation of the club. Someone even found the comment 'get a grip' rude!! 😂. You could not make it up. Thank goodness for those balanced, thoughtful comments that keep things in the real world and out of the asylum.
Yes, but they're no fun.