• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd v Exeter CIty match day thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
2 good goals - hopefully this is the kick up the arsenal we needed going forward -

1 win doesn't change my mind about Tisdale as 1 win doesn't hide 3 crap seasons but time will tell

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
My tuppence worth on the petition, I couldn't give a rats arse whether the petition has played a part in the way we set up recently or not but would point out that if a company has any number of customers who are stating their displeasure with that company and pointing out they want change with some having stopped or reducing their expenditure with said company, then a good company would at least take the time to note the views of those customers.

The tinters seem to think anyone critical is unhappy when we win when it should be clear to anyone that if they didn't want us to win they wouldn't bother posting in the first place. I want Tisdale out but I still want us to win on Saturday and if Tisdale turns our fortunes around rather than just picking up the odd win occasionally I will be happy to say I was wrong. Would seem silly to me for anyone to let their pride get in the way of saying what they really think.

Good win last night, very badly needed.

wemissmoxey

What I find bizarre is the tinters refer to people who are disappointed and critical of what is happening as negative, Geoffrey calls people miserabilists etc yet they (the tinters and Geoffrey) are the ones who seem quite content with us doing badly often finding it quite acceptable, who are the ones being negative ??

I'd say it is pretty negative to be content with the poor performances and results on the pitch plus the bull$h1t coming from the likes of Tisdale, Perryman, Tagg etc during the last year or two.

Last edited:

geoffwp

Oh, the mouse just farted again.

StroudGrecian

What I find bizarre is the tinters refer to people who are disappointed and critical of what is happening as negative, Geoffrey calls people miserabilists etc yet they (the tinters and Geoffrey) are the ones who seem quite content with us doing badly often finding it quite acceptable, who are the ones being negative ??

I'd say it is pretty negative to be content with the poor performances and results on the pitch plus the bull$h1t coming from the likes of Tisdale, Perryman, Tagg etc during the last year or two.
:) Jesus H, monkey boy, are you still moaning on, over 24 hours since we recorded our first win of the season?

If you can't enjoy the moment, give up, before you disappear up your own parody hole.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Not really moaning is it but hey you read it how you want to read it.

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
As somebody who may be considered a 'tinter' may I point out that it is the 'We should be in the top half of League One', 'We should be getting the same crowds as The Chiefs / Norwich' brigade who are wearing the rose tinted specs, since they appear to see Exeter City as a football club with a good chance of success.

I think - indeed I know - that we are a football club with a good chance of failure. We *will* return to the Conference. And so will Cambridge, York, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham, etc. We're just too 'at risk' to avoid it in a wildly competitive business.

My view is not rose tinted. My view is that for Exeter City to compete against clubs with greater catchment areas, clubs with outside investment or clubs in the key NW and SE areas of football's economy is very difficult indeed. It's a f***ing battle, and one that's best done with a 'stick together, fight till the end' mentality IMHO.

It's also best done with a manager whose salary is about the same as the higher earning players, with non-football costs kept to the lowest, practical level and with the fans kept informed of our financial position and encouraged to play a part in improving it.

Anyone who sees supporting City as anything other than a battle for survival has a decidedly rose-tinted view of the ECFC landscape.

scottus86

As somebody who may be considered a 'tinter' may I point out that it is the 'We should be in the top half of League One', 'We should be getting the same crowds as The Chiefs / Norwich' brigade who are wearing the rose tinted specs, since they appear to see Exeter City as a football club with a good chance of success.

I think - indeed I know - that we are a football club with a good chance of failure. We *will* return to the Conference. And so will Cambridge, York, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham, etc. We're just too 'at risk' to avoid it in a wildly competitive business.

My view is not rose tinted. My view is that for Exeter City to compete against clubs with greater catchment areas, clubs with outside investment or clubs in the key NW and SE areas of football's economy is very difficult indeed. It's a f***ing battle, and one that's best done with a 'stick together, fight till the end' mentality IMHO.

It's also best done with a manager whose salary is about the same as the higher earning players, with non-football costs kept to the lowest, practical level and with the fans kept informed of our financial position and encouraged to play a part in improving it.

Anyone who sees supporting City as anything other than a battle for survival has a decidedly rose-tinted view of the ECFC landscape.
I´m not sure any one thinks we should be top half of league one every season considering that very rarely happens and following city does usually mean taking a few bad results on the way. In fact in Tisdales first seasons I was quite a big fan and he did well and it was very good fun supporting city in that period.

I have been watching city since about the 97/98 season and what I can not accept is 7, 8, 9, 10 games in a row each season without a win. A record of 2 home wins in 20 is not acceptable. I can accept that I can not expect much from city but I do expect more than the results we have been getting recently.

There are always going to the people that have always disliked Tisdale WMM, Grecian Jay, peteUSA etc, I remember thinking they were the trolls of exeweb a few years back, the worrying thing is now that nearly everyone on exeweb agrees with them and people like Geoff and GOG look like the trolls.

Grecian_Jay

I dont really know whereyou have got any of this from Al. Who has said we should be top half of LEague 1? I haven't seen that anywere. I think we have said we shouldn't accept failiure just because it is in our history.

I don't want to hear another comment from anyone about lack of budget anymore. Whilst Tisdale is still here with PErryman and Tagg earning over £200k p/a then that excuse is redundant. Also when we get a spare penny and we bring in Noble rather than a player that we actually need then again Tisdale can't complain.

No one is saying it won't be a battle to compete, but come on we're talking about heavyweights such as Daggers, Morecambe, Accy, Rochdale, Bury, Cambridge, Newport, Cheltenham, York etc.

All I want is positive atmosphere around the club, which starts from the top. Give me a chairman/CEO who says we can achieve anything, a manager who draws us in with positive statements and positive football and we will be half-way there.

Most of it isn't actually results based for me, I attended nearly all of the games when we we were relegated the last two times. I just want something to look forward to and get excited about on a Saturday, Tisdale doesn't offer this, he offers the exact opposite.

Mackster

Disagree Al, people would be reasonably happy if we just played entertaining football rather than trying to bore the opposition (and support) to death. I can't understand tinters sticking the boot in to fellow fans for wanting to us to aspire to this.

EVERY City fan would have been overjoyed with the win at Cambridge, whether you're pro/anti Tisdale, doesn't even enter the equation.