• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle v Exeter discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Man alive! This is going to be a toughie! The Cumbrians are 3 points off top spot with FOUR games in hand, have won 8 at home which is the best in the division, only lost the once - a 2-1 defeat to Cheltenham, AND they have scored 23 goals at home, second only to the mighty Grecians.

I'd take a point i guess although we should be going there for the 3 points which i'm sure Matty will be. Maybe their rustiness and lack of recent games will be in our favour? Who knows?!

Oddly enough i can see us winning this one. I'm going for a 2-1 win with a Bowman double.

Ash

Man alive! This is going to be a toughie! The Cumbrians are 3 points off top spot with FOUR games in hand, have won 8 at home which is the best in the division, only lost the once - a 2-1 defeat to Cheltenham, AND they have scored 23 goals at home, second only to the mighty Grecians.

I'd take a point i guess although we should be going there for the 3 points which i'm sure Matty will be. Maybe their rustiness and lack of recent games will be in our favour? Who knows?!

Oddly enough i can see us winning this one. I'm going for a 2-1 win with a Bowman double.
I feel pretty much the same, a somewhat unlikely win is coming our way.
No ridiculous 3412 with Seymour please!
If Jake is genuinely fully fit, he must start.
Does anyone know how long we can expect Randell & Randall to be out for? We miss their natural width ATM.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crazy schlep mid-winter and mid-pandemic. I presume we will need 2 coaches (the wheeled variety) at least and an overnight stay

Hope that Stubbs can feature, and Taylor is fit
Still like to see Law given a run presuming Randell is still injured
Not been convinced by any of the wing backs in recent games
I hope we have practiced corners (at both ends) and crossing at the C&F
Optimistically, 1-1.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
😳Atangana treble incoming😳

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bad feeling about this one. If all our best players were fit I still think it would be tough, hoping to be very pleasantly surprised UTC

IndoMike

All logic points to a Carlisle win, but considering we"re talking about City then anything is possible.

grecIAN Harris

For God sake get Wardy back in goal.. That would be a start.

fred binneys head

I’ve got a good feeling about this one, nice big pitch for us to play some football on. Just hope we can keep a clean sheet. I’d prefer Ward to Maxted.

IndoMike

For God sake get Wardy back in goal.. That would be a start.
Think Ward is steadier than Maxted, who is a bit up and down according to what I've seen, read or heard.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member