• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Catering stock control?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get yourself a seat in the Old Grandstand.......

Ivor Dewdney pasties, cookies the size of a dinner plate, hot chocolate with whipped cream and a flake...... All for 50p (only joking, but good prices none the less).

Need I say more. Sky sports on at half time. They call it the family room. They still have a catering bar as well but thats for the people who are not in the know!
agree. thats where i go when i am sat in the og

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't pretend to know but, aside from the bar, it appears most of the stuff in Red Square is run on a concessionary basis, ie Chunk, or whoever, pay a fee to the football club in return for a space in Red Square. That being the case, I'd imagine it's Chunk's decisions rather than the club's that they're no longer there.
Fair enough, shame as they were good pasties. Any news on what the Catering Manager is doing? (or not doing?) Kenniford stuff is too expensive for me. Bought a Boots meal deal on the way up from the AGM yesterday. Last pasty I bought from SJC was burnt on the bottom.. oo er missus.

Early Bath

Don't pretend to know but, aside from the bar, it appears most of the stuff in Red Square is run on a concessionary basis, ie Chunk, or whoever, pay a fee to the football club in return for a space in Red Square. That being the case, I'd imagine it's Chunk's decisions rather than the club's that they're no longer there.
I'm good friends with the father of the owner of "Chunks" pasties and have been reliably informed that City was asking too much for the price of the kiosk. I used to buy a Chunks pasty at every match last season for my lunch. Now I purchase same from my local village shop.

Anyone who purchases food from the Kennford kiosk in the Red Square is out of their mind. Over 4 squid for a burger type thing, I brought a pork roll once last season, over 3 quid for a bland roll without even any butter or sauce etc. Ridiculous

Incidentally, on BBC SW tomorrow evening at 1930, "Inside Out" is showing the result of the competition between Devon & Cornwall regarding the best British pasty. I believe Chunks is the Devon representative. :)

grecianite

Had a nice sausage bap the other week.... real sausages to boot!!

Agree though that we could do far better as a club. Bring on the Pot Noodles!!!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
no pasties on the big bank
There were. Unless my other half had the last one!

PeteUSA

Lots of valid complaints thus far, but nobody offering up an answer to the problem.

I thought things were going to be better when we got shot of that five year deal that Russell & Lewis got us stuck with.

Who's job is it to address all these complaints?

iscalad

Lots of valid complaints thus far, but nobody offering up an answer to the problem.

I thought things were going to be better when we got shot of that five year deal that Russell & Lewis got us stuck with.

Who's job is it to address all these complaints?
As per one of my previous posts the Catering Manager. ( £15,000+ a year)

PeteUSA

Well if we're paying Norrie 80,000 a year for a part time job, I suppose the money to pay him has to come from somewhere else in the form of economic cutbacks. Hence the deterioration of the catering in general.

Et tu Brute?

Well if we're paying Norrie 80,000 a year for a part time job, I suppose the money to pay him has to come from somewhere else in the form of economic cutbacks. Hence the deterioration of the catering in general.
FFS. Who said we were paying Norrie 80k?! That's complete and utter nonsense, on a par with your assessment of Jonah's goalkeeping skills.

Antony Moxey

I tend to eat at lunchtime before leaving for the ground and then have tea when I get home. Other than a bag of sweets for the kids, I see no need whatsoever to eat overpriced and substandard football food.

It's bad enough drinking the tea..