• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Bat Fastard

Will he play?
Got a feeling he might start, thought he was very good off the bench at MK dons.....will be a very interesting team selection either way!

The deluder

After the transfer window closes Charlton have only made three signings, two loans and one free from QPR. They have however shifted a number of players on, including our own (or Bournemouth's own) Jayden Stockley

In: Macauley Bonne (QPR, free), Todd Kane (Coventry, loan), Gavin Kilkenny (Bournemouth, loan)

Out: Jake Forster-Caskey (Stevenage, undisclosed), Craig MacGillivray (Burton, undisclosed), Conor McGrandles (Cambridge, loan), Jayden Stockley (Fleetwood, undisclosed), Charlie Kirk (Burton, loan), Sam Lavelle (Burton, loan), Diallang Jaiyesimi (Wimbledon, loan)

I don't know whether these moves are going to unsettle their squad, whether the players moved on were like Jay Stubbs and Dieng squad players or more influential I don't know but it does seem a huge turn around of playing staff, the players signed on were from higher up the pyramid so should be of some quality. From their forum generally the Addicks fans are not happy with the amount of signings in the window, but happy to have shifted out some of their 'deadwood' and slashed their wages by about £900k

I think with our signings it gives Gary more opportunity to convince everybody about Starters and Finishers, making it a 16 man game to keep the pressure, and he will be looking to convince the squad that if you are not a starter then you could well be a finisher. I therefore expect to see five substitutions on Saturday with Key starting having recovered from his 'injury'.

Blackman
Key Sweeney Aimson Hartridge Mitchell
Collins McDonald White
Brown Nombe

Subs
Woods Caprice Diabete Kite Harper Scott Stansfield

In the second half I would anticipate the front two being swapped for fresh legs, Kite/Harper for McDonald and a little jig around with the defence

We are so much stronger after the window, with thelikes of Sparkes and Chauke likely to struggle to make the bench, but their will be injuries and suspensions as the rest of the season progresses and they will have to learn to grasp their opportunity if it comes

Revised scoreline 4-0 Aimson Brown White and Scott at the death in front of the big bank

I also predict numerous chants of the Jevani Nombe chant after they have shown their loyalty to the club and a better atmosphere than there has been for a long time
Didn’t realise Brown and Nombe had signed new contracts!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn’t realise Brown and Nombe had signed new contracts!
Didn't say they had. Loyalty in that if they had wanted to go they or their agents could have forced the issue!

tom_ecfc

Under 550 Big Bank tickets and a handful in the ASSS block A left.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Under 550 Big Bank tickets and a handful in the ASSS block A left.
Hope that they don't leave that chunk of seats empty in A block for OTT segregation again !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope that they don't leave that chunk of seats empty in A block for OTT segregation again !
Not this time, but there are only a few tickets left in the front of Block A, the rest sold out.

Charlton nothing like sold out the away end, though, so unless that changes we will struggle to reach 7,000.

tonykellowfan

I am not sure we will see massive changes tbh, as the fitness of some of the new players must be questionable.

I also would be surprised to see White starting as he looked a bit lost against MK.

I can see Key and Kite coming back into the team.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A decision that has to be mutually agreed between both club's Safety Officers I understand

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not this time, but there are only a few tickets left in the front of Block A, the rest sold out.

Charlton nothing like sold out the away end, though, so unless that changes we will struggle to reach 7,000.
sold around 700 I believe for the terrace plus seats

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never change a winning team...except after a transfer deadline day when a player missed out to a mystery hamstring strain.

So Key back in at RWB.Despite Harper doing well I'd bring Kite back in too.

Blackman
Sweeney Diabate Hartridge
Key Collins Kite Mitchell
White
Brown Nombe

Subs
Woods Caprice Aimson McDonald Sparkes Scott Stansfield