• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gc said Key wasn't fit but rolled his eyes as he did so, could have been wind I suppose.
I took this to mean he knows we were all saying the injury wasn't genuine.

Memphis09

I took this to mean he knows we were all saying the injury wasn't genuine.
I like GC at least he has a sense of humour

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with Joe White

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Gaffer interview

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the transfer window closes Charlton have only made three signings, two loans and one free from QPR. They have however shifted a number of players on, including our own (or Bournemouth's own) Jayden Stockley

In: Macauley Bonne (QPR, free), Todd Kane (Coventry, loan), Gavin Kilkenny (Bournemouth, loan)

Out: Jake Forster-Caskey (Stevenage, undisclosed), Craig MacGillivray (Burton, undisclosed), Conor McGrandles (Cambridge, loan), Jayden Stockley (Fleetwood, undisclosed), Charlie Kirk (Burton, loan), Sam Lavelle (Burton, loan), Diallang Jaiyesimi (Wimbledon, loan)

I don't know whether these moves are going to unsettle their squad, whether the players moved on were like Jay Stubbs and Dieng squad players or more influential I don't know but it does seem a huge turn around of playing staff, the players signed on were from higher up the pyramid so should be of some quality. From their forum generally the Addicks fans are not happy with the amount of signings in the window, but happy to have shifted out some of their 'deadwood' and slashed their wages by about £900k

I think with our signings it gives Gary more opportunity to convince everybody about Starters and Finishers, making it a 16 man game to keep the pressure, and he will be looking to convince the squad that if you are not a starter then you could well be a finisher. I therefore expect to see five substitutions on Saturday with Key starting having recovered from his 'injury'.

Blackman
Key Sweeney Aimson Hartridge Mitchell
Collins McDonald White
Brown Nombe

Subs
Woods Caprice Diabete Kite Harper Scott Stansfield

In the second half I would anticipate the front two being swapped for fresh legs, Kite/Harper for McDonald and a little jig around with the defence

We are so much stronger after the window, with thelikes of Sparkes and Chauke likely to struggle to make the bench, but their will be injuries and suspensions as the rest of the season progresses and they will have to learn to grasp their opportunity if it comes

Revised scoreline 4-0 Aimson Brown White and Scott at the death in front of the big bank

I also predict numerous chants of the Jevani Nombe chant after they have shown their loyalty to the club and a better atmosphere than there has been for a long time
Sadly no Jevani or Josh plus believe new players may be benched so wonder if starting line up will be more like:-

Blackman
Caprice (Key) Sweeney Diabate (Aimson) Hartridge Sparkes (Mitchell)
Collins Harper or Kite (McDonald) White
Mitchell (Brown) Nombe

UTC

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blackman

Caprice

Sweeney
Diabate
Hartridge

Mitchell

Kite
Collins
White

Stanno
Nombe

Maybe Key if he's fit

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blackman

Caprice

Sweeney
Diabate
Hartridge

Mitchell

Kite
Collins
White

Stanno
Nombe

Maybe Key if he's fit
Believe GC said in interview that Josh's hammy will keep him out till next game.

manc grecian

Thanks for the update

STURTZ

. ....... Blackman
Sweeny, Diabete, Hartridge.
. ......... Aimson
Caprice, Collins. Mitchell
......Stanno. White
. Nombe.

Lot of pace in that team.