• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town vs Exeter City prediction and discussion thread

Ian Tarr

6 games to get 2 points no problem until you see that one of those are against Northampton a team where our H to H record is to say the least abysmal. Two of the other games are against Stevenage fighting for a place in the playoffs and last game of the season Oxford also currently fighting for a place in the playoffs and who may need a win to ensure they get it.
Don't panic, Sexton......

JGrecian23

1-1 I think. I would say Cole to score but not sure if he'll play so let's have a laugh and say Aitchison will score.

Exehausted

6 games to get 2 points no problem until you see that one of those are against Northampton a team where our H to H record is to say the least abysmal. Two of the other games are against Stevenage fighting for a place in the playoffs and last game of the season Oxford also currently fighting for a place in the playoffs and who may need a win to ensure they get it.
I think Northampton created the most clear cut chances against us at SJP this season, so far. Vils made 6 good saves, Alex Hartridge (remember him) came from nowhere to make a brilliant block and they scored twice. We created virtually nothing. They played 4 2 4, missed out the midfield and trampled all over us. Other teams have played better football against us but they created the most really good chances. I'm hoping that 1) There will be nothing on the game or 2) As they are already safe they will already be "on the beach" and we will get the points needed. I really hope we have killed the season off by then!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm with Max. Two points should be enough, but if we lose all 6 games we may well go down.

What are the chances of us losing 6 games on the trot in April? Well, that's what we did last April!

If we do that then , to overtake us,

- Cheltenham would need 7 points from their other 7 games and

- Port Vale would need 6 points from their other 6 games

- Burton would need 8 points from 6 games

- Cambridge would need 6 points from 7 games

That's all perfectly feasible and would leave us relegated in 22nd. However, if we get just 2 more points (particularly if either or both points came against Cheltenham or Port Vale) then the chances of 3 of those four teams catching us drop drastically to near zero.

Exehausted

I'm with Max. Two points should be enough, but if we lose all 6 games we may well go down.

What are the chances of us losing 6 games on the trot in April? Well, that's what we did last April!

If we do that then , to overtake us,

- Cheltenham would need 7 points from their other 7 games and

- Port Vale would need 6 points from their other 6 games

- Burton would need 8 points from 6 games

- Cambridge would need 6 points from 7 games

That's all perfectly feasible and would leave us relegated in 22nd. However, if we get just 2 more points (particularly if either or both points came against Cheltenham or Port Vale) then the chances of 3 of those four teams catching us drop drastically to near zero.
So lets just get 3 points tomorrow and be done with it!

grecIAN Harris

But you want to bring H to H into it, I don't think Satanage's record down here isn't very clever at all to the best of my knowledge.

denzel

Last April we played Ipswich, Bolton, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough and Argyle! If we don't get a single point against the mighty Stevenage, Cheltenham, Northampton, Oxford, Port Vale and Orient we probably should relegate ourselves out of embarrassment!

Bridgy 81

Being at our game in Ipswich last April was very painful.
Luckily staying in Felixstowe for a few days lessened the blow.

JW57++

Being at our game in Ipswich last April was very painful.
Luckily staying in Felixstowe for a few days lessened the blow.
The way we played that day we would have lost to Felixstowe.

Spoonz Red E

The way we played that day we would have lost to Felixstowe.
Little did we know as we licked our wounds that we would still have a Stanno hat-trick to come in the next match to finish the season.