• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

Grecianpasty

I was saying at 15 mins in we really need to get that early goal and it didn't come. We were all over them at the beginning, if Mitchell got that ball through the keepers legs it's a different game completely.

However, we did lose it and none of our midfield were very good today from 20 minutes onwards.

As an aside, although it's a team game clearly individual performances count. You can't mention someone having a bad game on here without the white knights coming into defend, Kegs was genuinely poor today and I'm amazed anyone who's been watching football for a long time would think otherwise. I don't hate the guy, he was just crap.
Of Kegs, Collins and Kite - Kegs was easily the best player.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did you think Collins put in a good shift?
More of an ok shift.

Agent Andy

I agree , kegs was the best of a bad bunch

Grecianpasty

GC was spot on in his assessment of the midfield. Plymouth where happy to play the long ball, whereas we needed our midfield to be brave on the ball - They weren't. Lots of misplaced places, and understandable considering how inexperienced the midfield was. If Mcdonald doesn't stay next season, we certainly need a player of a similar ilk.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC was spot on in his assessment of the midfield. Plymouth where happy to play the long ball, whereas we needed our midfield to be brave on the ball - They weren't. Lots of misplaced places, and understandable considering how inexperienced the midfield was. If Mcdonald doesn't stay next season, we certainly need a player of a similar ilk.
And yet Harper, who’s probably the closest we have ATM, was left out of the squad. I
like the manager, but found this hard to fathom.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He didn't help the midfield by finishing the game with 4 strikers on the pitch at the expense of what went on behind.

Red Devon

I’d be very surprised to see any of those names on the team sheet when the new season kicks off in August.

iscalad

He didn't help the midfield by finishing the game with 4 strikers on the pitch at the expense of what went on behind.
Trying to win the game, wasn't he.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He really didn’t. Credible game? He was chasing shadows for most of it, lightweight, ineffective and not of this standard as it stands. Subbed and rightly so - should have been even earlier.
Kegs subbed off 67 mins with the game evenly balanced. Argo score 3 minutes later and we barely have a sniff thereafter.

I'm not suggesting he played a blinder, but bringing White on for Kegs demonstrably did not work.