• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Youth 2014/15

Its interesting that several other clubs youth/U18 teams around the country get inches or at least mentioned in their local paper or on those papers webpages. Yet the bi weekly that is now the Echo doesn't think our youth warrant anytime or coverage at all.

SGF

Alex Byrne, Cameron Gill, Joe Charles and Josh Read have all been offered professional contracts of varying durations.

eurogrecian

Alex Byrne, Cameron Gill, Joe Charles and Josh Read have all been offered professional contracts of varying durations.
Good for them. Looking forward to seeing one or two go all the way.
I wonder if any will get a short run-out before the end of the season?

CC

Where do they play?

Good luck to them all and this is where the hard work really begins for them if they want to have a career in football as this is where it begins.

By all accounts Alex Byrne is going to be a good player and from what I have heard is in the Matt Grimes style....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck to them all and this is where the hard work really begins for them if they want to have a career in football as this is where it begins.

By all accounts Alex Byrne is going to be a good player and from what I have heard is in the Matt Grimes style....
From what I recall from the PSFs last summer he's more in the Dunne than the Grimes mould: robust CM who passes well. If we are out of the playoffs after Saturday I'd like to see him in place of Oakley v. Daggers, if only for half an hour.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its interesting that several other clubs youth/U18 teams around the country get inches or at least mentioned in their local paper or on those papers webpages. Yet the bi weekly that is now the Echo doesn't think our youth warrant anytime or coverage at all.
The Club doesn't exactly help itself in this department; when their own website can be a week or even longer behind in keeping upto date with reporting both youth and women's team results. Quite obviously internal communications are woeful.

andrew p long

The Club doesn't exactly help itself in this department; when their own website can be a week or even longer behind in keeping upto date with reporting both youth and women's team results. Quite obviously internal communications are woeful.

Yes, we aren't great at this. But media manager Richard Dorman has bemoaned the absence of more than 24 hours in a day ; this would be an ideal role for a volunteer (retired,starting out, whatever) to be the liaison point for such reports of youth games home and away.

Antony Moxey

Yes, we aren't great at this. But media manager Richard Dorman has bemoaned the absence of more than 24 hours in a day ; this would be an ideal role for a volunteer (retired,starting out, whatever) to be the liaison point for such reports of youth games home and away.
So it's beyond the wit of whoever's actually taking the team to pen two or three lines and a team line-up? It's not like you have to write War and Peace for each game is it?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought they had some young budding journalists lined-up as volunteers, and one especially for the youth games out at the Cat & Fiddle.