• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement re fans behaviour

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Pitch invasions - fine, not my cup of tea but I'm not against them per se.

78 year old kit men being assaulted (and possibly other Lincoln employees too) - total disgrace, and I hope the culprit is identified*, dealt with by the relevant authorities and never sets foot in the Park again.

*And not "hidden" from identification by witnesses not wishing to dob them in.

Well-known Exeweb poster
If there was an assualt I'm not condoning it and the appropriate action has to be taken .. however i get the feeling that if cowley didnt have the assualt it would be somethig else ..anything to take a the limelight of his bulk average team and **** poor limited tactics

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pitch invasions - fine, not my cup of tea but I'm not against them per se.

78 year old kit men being assaulted (and possibly other Lincoln employees too) - total disgrace, and I hope the culprit is identified*, dealt with by the relevant authorities and never sets foot in the Park again.

Jason, there is an investigation into what happened. As yet there is no proof that the kit man was assaulted. Are we guilty now in the UK before trial? If someone did assault the bloke then doubtless they will be dealt with accordingly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Least we're not horse racing fans. Now that is awful behaviour.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jason, there is an investigation into what happened. As yet there is no proof that the kit man was assaulted. Are we guilty now in the UK before trial? If someone did assault the bloke then doubtless they will be dealt with accordingly.
I'm well aware the club is investigating this and that it may come to nothing, but going from things said here by reputable posters, it's clear the kit man was in some distress.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
4) In our case the away end is at the tunnel where people tend to head to so there will invariably be flashpoints!
This particular point is a one-off and will presumably be less on an issue in future seasons as the bulk of the away fans, and certainly the "singing section" ones, will be standing in the area of the Barnet terrace behind the goal.

IndoMike

I'm well aware the club is investigating this and that it may come to nothing, but going from things said here by reputable posters, it's clear the kit man was in some distress.
What do you mean "reputable posters"? Are some posters more worthy than others? As you say, it may all come to nothing, so why p*ss on your own shoes before the event.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean "reputable posters"? Are some posters more worthy than others? As you say, it may all come to nothing, so why p*ss on your own shoes before the event.
I suspect, not for the first time, you're seeking confrontation where none really exists.

People on this thread that I personally know, and would therefore trust their judgement implicitly, have had their say about the kit man incident to suggest the assault did happen. I wasn't there, I haven't seen footage backing this up, I cannot therefore judge personally.

IF it turns out the kit man was assaulted, therefore, I hope the culprit is identified and banned, etc. etc.

Better? :)

Red Bill

I have no problem at all with pitch invasions at the end of games like these, they used to be a regular occurrence and an accepted part of end of season celebrations for successful clubs. They are and were always a different thing from football hooliganism and fighting spilling onto the pitch like we frequently saw in the 70s, and some of the nay sayers on this thread would do well to recognise that. However if and I mean if, anyone from Lincoln City FC was assaulted by any of our fans, then the culprit/s should be sought out and heavily punished, they will have brought shame on our club.

I love the banter between fans and the schadenfreude between rivals, at the risk of getting a slating and to quote my mum, football is after all just 22 blokes kicking a ball around, so what does it really matter its just a bit of fun. However to me fans of a winning team goading opposition fans who care just as passionately about their club and will be devastated at what they've just seen after a match has finished, is a pretty damn classless thing to do. Lincoln are a very similar club to us, a small club from a small city who after struggling for years are on the up again and their fans are justifiably excited by this. The way I witnessed the whole city getting behind their team when i stayed there at easter and the community spirit that their fans credit to the Cowleys is admirable and IMO deserves respect. Their manager has found a style of play that has brought them some success, the fact that we stood up to this and gave as good as we got left them understandably frustrated such an important game, so I think we should hold back some of the harsh criticisms I've seen of them on these boards, and show a little more understanding.

I'm really proud of how we stood up to their physical style and got the better of them last night, i don't think that would have been the case a couple of years ago, but I'm delighted we won not delighted they lost and have nothing against Lincoln or their fans. I therefore have no desire to rub their noses in it, and don't understand why any of our fans would.

(caveat: nothing of what I've written above applies to Plymouth Argyll or their fans!!!(rofl))

DB9

Hopefully it won't come to needing witnesses if they've caught everything on CCTV, I'd imagine as soon as the full time whistle blew the camera's of the club as well as anything useful from Sky would have concentrated on the dug outs and away fans just in case this sort of thing might happen