• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Come on Pompey!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
After suffering that pants game between Wimbledon and Accy on Saturday night , I have nightmares our arch rivals may just make it.
It makes me cross because if that's all the playoffs have to offer what does it make us?Tisdale needs to get his finger out , forget the rats and make sure he achieves something next season other than enhancing his dress sense.
The bad news for you Banksy m'lad is that we could end up being the filling in a Plymouth/Bristol Rovers west country promotion sandwich. I've never held back my admiration for Gas boss Darrell Clarke who not only achieved 2 promotions with Salisbury City, guided Rovers from below to above us in consecutive seasons - using 13 free transfers in the bargain. As for Argyle, whatever your thoughts regarding the use of loanees, who could argue against the end justifying the means?

The big worry now is that if the greenies do got up we'll be inundated with cries how the wunnerful Tis took 6 points off of a promoted team.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re your last paragraph Stuffy.
Now that scenario would really be a Phyyric victory but like you I can hear the masses chanting it now if only as a means of consolation.

MrTis

Comedy gold on ****oti and STD argyle forums all think there going to miss out on Wembley tickets and panic galore!! **** up in a brewery springs to mind. Bless em!!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well I don't know what they are moaning about, they have been allocated 35,000 tickets and their average gate is probably below 10,000 this season ?

MrTis

Well I don't know what they are moaning about, they have been allocated 35,000 tickets and their average gate is probably below 10,000 this season ?
Indeed except when City are in town. Ohh we know what happens then rofl)

Well based on your attendances and how many day trippers you took to Wembley a few years back we will probably need 50,000. ;)

rp42

Well based on your attendances and how many day trippers you took to Wembley a few years back we will probably need 50,000. ;)
DWP can't afford to pay for all those day trippers(facepalm)(puke)