• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm no expert but I would possibly consider not putting the sprinklers on.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm no expert but I would possibly consider not putting the sprinklers on.
Unless we are losing with 10 minutes to go obviously.

Ashford Grecian

1-1 draw with our goal coming in the second half

Exehausted

I shan't be there, so a scintillating performance is guaranteed. After last week's trying to be clever team selection, I would hope a boring and straightforward lets pick the best players approach will be deployed

Sinisalo

Sweeney - Diabate/Aimson* Jules Purrington

Carroll/Woods** Cole

Rankine Aitchison Harris/Cox/Harper***

Eisa

* Diabate to get the nod, to deal with Stockley

** Would prefer Woods if fit, though Carroll perfectly acceptable

*** any one of these three to play in the Joel Randall position
I pretty much agree with your team except Woods and Diabate should start, the other three way option is fine. This match is vital to rebuild confidence but it's going to be a tough game, probably not pretty on the eye. Carroll is a tidy little player but not strong enough in a real dog fight, which I'm sure this will be. Chieck will be tested to the full by Stockley and I feel Jayden would be too strong for Will. I would still trust Sweenz despite his mistake last week. 1-0 City, I'm getting nervous already!

dontpassback

Well Marriott has left for Wrexham,another one has joined Barnsley so that just leaves stockley,put chieck on him,play the strongest team,and we could get all 3 points,after all,it can’t be as bad as the abysmal showing at their place !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I pretty much agree with your team except Woods and Diabate should start, the other three way option is fine. This match is vital to rebuild confidence but it's going to be a tough game, probably not pretty on the eye. Carroll is a tidy little player but not strong enough in a real dog fight, which I'm sure this will be. Chieck will be tested to the full by Stockley and I feel Jayden would be too strong for Will. I would still trust Sweenz despite his mistake last week. 1-0 City, I'm getting nervous already!
Agree with pretty much all of that especially the nerves. The only thing for me is I would keep Carroll alongside Cole as I don't want a midfield experiment in such an important game. If Tom is having a doomer replace him with Woods on the hour mark oh and Eisa must start

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Difficult to call this. Fleetwood are fighting for their lives, they will see this as a good opportunity to pick up points with our home form.
We have finally had a week off, so can field our strongest side without worry. Hoping that includes Cole and Harper.
Hope to get at then early and finally score that early goal at home!!

2-0 City. Eisa, Harris. 6782 with 235 from Fylde

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Fleetwood lose this they're practically down you'd imagine, hopefully if we can score first their heads will drop.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Fleetwood lose this they're practically down you'd imagine, hopefully if we can score first their heads will drop.
Disagree. Even if we win on Saturday they will still have 36 points to play for. Odds are against them, but it's been done before time after time.

But we need the win as much as they do, obviously. He must be fully fit by now, so playing Woods is a no brainer to me. Carroll is simply not the robust defensive midfielder we need. And Woods' long range passing out to the wings is much more likely to transition quickly from defence into attack.

Which based on recent evidence, presumably means Carroll will start in preference.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well Marriott has left for Wrexham,another one has joined Barnsley so that just leaves stockley,put chieck on him,play the strongest team,and we could get all 3 points,after all,it can’t be as bad as the abysmal showing at their place !
The loan of Kabongo Tshimanga from Posh was curtailed too, with him being sent out on loan again to Boreham Wood.