• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently Aimson's goal wasn't offside but that Sweeney had let the ball go out of play.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those who boo'd Aimson, give your heads a wobble. It's embarrassing and not clever.
Maybe it's a difference without a difference, but wasn't the booing at the decision to swap Cheick for Aimson, rather than booking Aimson, per se? I guess it's not the most inspiring sub to make when we're chasing a win

Reactions: Ash
I believe that was Reece Cole’s 10th booking. Not sure if that means anything?
It means if he gets booked in the next match he will have 11 bookings.

Grecianpasty

The decision to take Cheick off was why the boos started. It was audible before the tanoy announced Aimson was coming on.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got back from the game and thought we were lucky to get the point to be honest.
I thought Woods did well on his first start and we need that competitor in midfield. We also missed Aitchison and that type of player that can turn in midfield and drive at the defence. Too defensive to keep passing backwards in midfield.
I liked the way we dominated the first half and looked very comfortable. They were some big units and won too many 2nd balls in the 2nd half and we struggled to get a foothold back in the game.
For those who boo'd Aimson, give your heads a wobble. It's embarrassing and not clever. He actually played ok and picked out Harper a couple of times with some nice passes when we were pushing at the end.
Disappointed but we march on.
Nobody booed Aimson they booed the tactical side of the substitution.

STURTZ

One of Vales games in hand is home to Fleetwood while Cheltenham’s is away to Wycombe both next Tuesday night
Ah, thats why we let Fleetwood have a point then. A Fleetwood win over Vale will be better for us than the other way round.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Utter rubbish Caldwell…First half so unconvincing and uninspiring despite going in ahead at the break….Second half first 20 minutes completely out played and pinned back in our own penalty area by a lively hungry looking Fleetwood, anyone could see the equaliser coming from a mile away….The introduction of Aimson managed to stready the rocking City ship combined with Fleetwood content to settle for a point from the match…Last ten minutes City finally decide to have a go at finding a winner but it really was too little too late...A point at the end actually felt like good result given the abject performance.
I don't think the first half was that bad. We clearly controlled the half and got the goal. If Niskanen could find his man when crossing we'd have likely gone in more than 1 up. However, it was unbelievable how poor Fleetwood were in the first half and if you were a Fleetwood fan at half time you'd wish you played like Exeter. Second half Fleetwood made the 4 changes and absolutely pummelled us for the first 15 mins. We had no answer until we switched to 4-4-2 and then we gradually regained control of the game. Perhaps this should have happened earlier.

I thought Woods did well, aside from the crucial error that led to their goal. Mo Eisa struggled, I don't agree there was a lack of effort, but he's not a target man and doesn't have the strength of Nombe. He appears to have the stature of a distance runner.

Aimson was good when he came on, don't understand the abuse when he was brought on.

C j phill

I dont disagree with you but what are the tactics that should be applied to suit the players skill set?
I haven't got a coaching badge nor see the players in training every day, so I cant say what tactics we should apply but I do know that the current tactics arent overly effective and GC's post match interview today, and following other previous games seems to confirm this.

Alistair20000

Fleetwood were utter dog turd in the first half but we failed to make the game safe with too much pointless fannying around.

The Fleetwood substitutions at half time turned the match on its head with Omechere (20) and Broom (11) in particular proving very troublesome. Would have been no surprise if we had lost with such an inept second half performance.

Harris ineffective today and Ryan Woods is a long way off the player who bossed the midfield for Shrewsbury back in 2014. Too soon to write him off mind.

Eisa also disappointed and it was mildly amusing when someone behind me suggested he should be subbed in favour of The Admiral.

Two points dropped today and next to no entertainment value.

Red Devon

I don't think the first half was that bad. We clearly controlled the half and got the goal. If Niskanen could find his man when crossing we'd have likely gone in more than 1 up. However, it was unbelievable how poor Fleetwood were in the first half and if you were a Fleetwood fan at half time you'd wish you played like Exeter. Second half Fleetwood made the 4 changes and absolutely pummelled us for the first 15 mins. We had no answer until we switched to 4-4-2 and then we gradually regained control of the game. Perhaps this should have happened earlier.

I thought Woods did well, aside from the crucial error that led to their goal. Mo Eisa struggled, I don't agree there was a lack of effort, but he's not a target man and doesn't have the strength of Nombe. He appears to have the stature of a distance runner.

Aimson was good when he came on, don't understand the abuse when he was brought on.
First half I saw it as lots of lovely sideways and backward passing just outside our own penalty box which finally resorted in Vil or one of our centre backs hitting it long…Niskanen was better today but isn’t good enough to pull or cut a ball back to a City player when he gets to the by line…he just seems to scuff it across rather than playing it into danger.