• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eamonn Dolan Tribute

Saint James

I have posted this as a new thread which I hope is appropriate. Reading have today announced Eamonn will be honoured with their North Stand named after him. His impact on our club was something I think we can all agree should be remembered for future supporters. In what way though? I hope this thread will be looked at by those on the Board and Trust to get some sense of what could be the most appropriate way of commemorating someone who put his heart and soul into our football club.

Ideas anyone?

Philecfc

As far as I am concerned this is a must do. Eamonn was the reason I started coming to city with my daughters and twenty years later we still come. We all are fully aware of his input to this club so we should have a memorial to him in some way

AndrewP

Rename our youth academy The Eamonn Dolan Academy, I think that would be hugely appropriate.

Benguin

Rename our youth academy The Eamonn Dolan Academy, I think that would be hugely appropriate.
Great idea.

ChrisWickens

Great idea; his enthusiasm was reflected in the attitude of the youngsters he brought through when he was our Manager. Well done Reading, as well.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like the idea of naming one of the stands, or the big bank after Eamonn. Do all three already have names?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like the idea of naming one of the stands, or the big bank after Eamonn. Do all three already have names?
As much as I agree with your sentiments Pete the naming of stands is a lucrative source of income for the Club, and one which they would probably not want to lose.

I would favour the establishment of a 'Hall of Fame' (large portaits with history added) and Eamonn would certainly be a prominent figure in this.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I agree with your sentiments Pete the naming of stands is a lucrative source of income for the Club, and one which they would probably not want to lose.

I would favour the establishment of a 'Hall of Fame' (large portaits with history added) and Eamonn would certainly be a prominent figure in this.
Our "new" stands are still the Bastin Stand and Doble Stand no matter who is the sponsor, are they not?

I like the idea of the Eamonn Dolan Academy in any case, given his impact there.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our "new" stands are still the Bastin Stand and Doble Stand no matter who is the sponsor, are they not?
I accept what you're saying and indeed these are the names that I use. However, in doing so, does this not put off a prospective sponsor?

GRECIAN_LDN

I also like the idea of The Eamonn Dolan Academy but our academy train at ISCA college don't they? Do we actually have our own academy building? Maybe renaming the Cat & Fiddle as that will be symbolic of Eamonn's ECFC career as a player, youth coach and manager.