• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eamonn Dolan Tribute

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think many are finding it hard to refer to the Cat & Fiddle as the Cliff Hill training ground without yet another change. Not only that, I suspect the latest name was to curry the favor of the Hill family as much as anything.

GRECIAN_LDN

The fact i didn't even know it has now changed to the Cliff Hill training ground pretty much corroborates your point.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Why did we change the C&F to Cliff Hill? And excuse my ignorance, who is Cliff Hill?

SGF

Why did we change the C&F to Cliff Hill? And excuse my ignorance, who is Cliff Hill?
Clifford Hill was the Club Life President:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/clifford-hill-461569.aspx

Oldsmobile-88

I was thinking a entrance to the BB could perhaps be named after Eamon Dolan.

The Eamon Dolan gate ??....The side where all of the supporters bricks are placed.

mumbo

Hi everyone, I'll take these ideas to the next Club Board meeting & get back to you.

In the meantime don't forget there's a Book of Condolence in Reception for your
personal messages.
It will be there for several more weeks & if you can't get to SJP just phone Mike in Reception
& he'll write your message in the book for you.

Taggy was close to Eamo so he'll deliver our book personally to Eamo's family.

The article on Reading's website finishes by saying, Eamon Dolan....one of our own.
Well he was one of our own too..... so let's fill our Book of Condolence.

Many thanks,Elaine.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If and when our new stand is built.

The Eamonn Dolan New Grandstand.

PeteUSA

I was thinking a entrance to the BB could perhaps be named after Eamon Dolan. The Eamonn Dolan Gate; The side where all of the supporters bricks are placed.
I like this idea the best. Up until relatively recently, the Old Tiverton Road entrance was known as The Norman Kendall Gate. With all due respect to Mr Kendall (whoever he was), I doubt if he'd mind a change, given that nobody bothers to call it that anymore! The Eamonn Dolan Gate does have a ring to it, and fittingly it leads to the best part of the ground that we have.

iscalad

I like this idea the best. Up until relatively recently, the Old Tiverton Road entrance was known as The Norman Kendall Gate. With all due respect to Mr Kendall (whoever he was), I doubt if he'd mind a change, given that nobody bothers to call it that anymore! The Eamonn Dolan Gate does have a ring to it, and fittingly it leads to the best part of the ground that we have.
http://www.grecianvoices.com/Southern-League/Grecian-Data/

Long time ago so you are probably right. Eamonn Dolan gates is an excellent idea.

Spoonz Red E

Another possibility is to rename the Grecian Centre as the Eamonn Dolan Centre.
It's right next to the Players Entrance.
It faces on to Red Square so any sign and tribute would be prominent on match days.
It is used as hospitality on matchdays - often for charities.
Apart from some conferencing use on non match days it is mainly used by Football in the Community for various educational and young people development projects.