• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eating Out, Your Dining reviews

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
CREDITON TANDOORI

Have not been for some years now but we were thinking of going on Sunday.

Some dreadful recent reviews on Tripadvisor mind.

Do any locals know if they still do the Sunday buffet and whether it is still a good place to eat or not ?

Lamb on the Sunday buffet used to be superb

fred binneys head

Did it used to be lamb?

Oldsmobile-88

I can recommend the Ghandi Indian Restaurant at the Clock Tower if anyone likes a Indian/Bangladeshi nosh up.
Another is The Ganges on the top of Fore St, which I believe is one of the longest standing Indian restaurants in the South West.
I remember going there in the early 1980s when it was ran by a fella called Lashkar who came to Exeter from East Pakistan(Bangladesh) around 1949.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can recommend the Ghandi Indian Restaurant at the Clock Tower if anyone likes a Indian/Bangladeshi nosh up.
Another is The Ganges on the top of Fore St, which I believe is one of the longest standing Indian restaurants in the South West.
I remember going there in the early 1980s when it was ran by a fella called Lashkar who came to Exeter from East Pakistan(Bangladesh) around 1949.
I think I'm off to the Ghandi restaurant on the eve of the Argyle match. Need to find an equivalent for Saturday night in Blackpool now.

Antony Moxey

Saveur, Rockfish and Mickey's in Exmouth (in that order) and Winslade Manor at Clyst St. Mary are worth anyone's money. Saveur especially. You'll pay handsomely for the privilege, especially in the evenings, but it'll be money well spent. Been a while since I've been out in town, but have found Hubbox, Bills and Turtle Bay to be more than agreeable. Also, for now, a small note of approval for Red Wing in Lympstone. Feeling hungry now...

Swanaldo

Some dreadful recent reviews on Tripadvisor mind...
People like to have a moan on TripAdvisor. For every negative review there will be a hundred people who had a decent meal and didn't feel the need to tell the world about it.

I say fill your boots, and let us know how you get on. I've always been very pleased with the Tandoori.

manc grecian

Went to Harry's a bit ago. Used to be a lovely local little restaurant but it's disappeared up its own arse and chased the Rupert and Hermione pound.

Food ridiculously overpriced and too many beige chinos on show.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The Boathouse Tavern and Grill at Dawlish Warren

Terrible service sent the food back waited another 15-20 minutes for a bit of cheesecake that was on view and that was also sent back as it was frozen

And yet right round the corner at the Mount Pleasant Inn we had a lovely meal for less money than the above /\ and even though we werent booked in the staff were pleasant and offered to seat us in a different area until a table was free.

The Warren fish bar is pretty good if you want a burger and chips to walk up to the beach with.

Alistair20000

People like to have a moan on TripAdvisor. For every negative review there will be a hundred people who had a decent meal and didn't feel the need to tell the world about it.

I say fill your boots, and let us know how you get on. I've always been very pleased with the Tandoori.
Thanks. As you say regarding Tripadvisor and much better to rely on good local knowledge.

Crediton Tandoori always good in the past so with your encouragement we will almost certainly go for it.

Alistair20000

Crediton Tandoori still very good when we went on Sunday.

Sadly the Sunday buffet is no more despite the website and menu offering it.

Matey told us that COVID had killed it off due to changes in diners behaviour. :(