• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v yeovil matchday thread!

OfficialECFC

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks for that, Official.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
My first game of the season, and what a rollercoaster of a ride it was. To say I was excited by what I saw at first would be an understatement. I thought we looked very sharp, passed the ball well, decisively and accurately, while looking very calm and composed at the back. All in all, after 25 minutes I was a very happy lad impressed with the control we had over the game and not impressed at all with the opposition. I liked our movement. It seemed positively silky with everyone finding space. We created some good chances and I didn't feel worried that we hadn't converted anything further.
................................Then came the second half!!!
WTF HAPPENED? I mean, I know I was there but I can't explain it. Who the feck WAS that team because it sure as hell wasn't the one I was watching before. How does a side go from being full of confidence and energy to being nervous, spooked, leaden and panicked? Jesus, how frustrating was it all, to watch players suddenly turn into hoof merchants wanting only to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible anywhere!
As this complete turn about was developing in front of my eyes I was thinking "OK, so I guess now Tiz will bring on the magic duo". There was Logie and Mac out warming up. There was City inviting more and more pressure on themselves. One corner, two corners, three, four. Christ, we couldn't even get it out our own half could we? Still Logie and Mac warm up. It was one of those passages of play that you just know is going to end in fekkin disaster. You can see it coming. You can smell it coming. You can feel it in your guts and in your over squeezed sphincter. It was one of those times when, in basketball, you're glad to call a time out. WE COULD have called one with the 'double sub' and as every minute passed and the pressure cranked I was expecting it..........but...'goal'. Too fekkin late, moment gone, opportunity missed.
If someone can explain to me where the team that gladdened my heart in the first half disappeared to I would be very grateful because I have no fekkin idea. I just hope they come out for a full 90minutes next weekend.
Summed up my matchday experience Geoff.

For me the first half team was found out and gradually became tired out. We needed a change in shape and approach but it only came when it was already too late.

Gozzer

The Yeovil manager wasn't afraid to make changes in the first half when they weren't performing, although City were so far on top that they didn't make much difference. Same situation in the second half for City and... nothing...

So I guess I'm alone in thinking Norwood was less than impressive tonight? Seemed to me that whenever he got the ball he didn't have a clue about what to do with it, or how to get past his man. It looked to me as though every time he had the ball it ended up with the opposition.
Spot on Ant agree with everything you said. It was a case of a boy against men, not Norwoods fault just question why he was left to struggle so long. I can only assume that Logie and Macca must have been carrying slight injuries. I for one look forward to Tis having a full squad of strikers to choose from.

arthur

Good stuff from Tis - I've been to crap games before and his post match comments have all been rosy but this time he seems not afraid to go public with his accurate analysis of what went wrong. Hope this satisfies the bizarre "tisdale should apologise" brigade...

malcolms

Good stuff from Tis - I've been to crap games before and his post match comments have all been rosy but this time he seems not afraid to go public with his accurate analysis of what went wrong. Hope this satisfies the bizarre "tisdale should apologise" brigade...
Since when was a brigade formed of one person?

Citysupporter2099

Tisdale should have made the subs earlier and not waited until it was to late. Norwood on his own up front? He's only just come out of playing for his school!! As much as i like him, he really has been struggling on his own. I don't understand why Tisdale didn't bring on either Logie or Mac with him at some point during the game or maybe even both of them to head the ball down to him?
Marcus stewart was knackered the 2nd half and needed to be subbed.
Harley 2nd half was very poor and was not getting stuck in unlike the 1st half where he did :S
Jonesy 1st half was great and had no real worries, 2nd half came out and made mistakes like he used to and one which lead to them scoring their goal.
Russell was on and off.
Bertie was great! Just got a bit battered the 2nd half.
Sercombe was alright but didn't impress me too much.
Tully,Troy,Duffy,Taylor = Awesome all game but shame the midfield let them down the 2nd half.
Good crowd but hoping all the booers and moans don't come back!! Idoits.
I have 2 fat blokes sitting behind me down in the OG and they have got season tickets like me and all they did was moan and take the **** out of tisdale and the team. "Perrymen's lost his phone down the drain, Tisdale can't make the changes now the big fairy." ^o)
Looks like I have to put up with that all season!! :mad:

arthur

Since when was a brigade formed of one person?
Alright then, substitute "bloke" for "brigade"...