• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eco Day for Yeovil match!

Cygnus

It's good to see the club has made today's match it's Eco Day, encouraging fans to use public transport to get to the ground, bring along empty bottles, cans etc. for recycling. It shows once again that the club is forward thinking and is a true community club. I'll be making a point of going today by train, rather than driving and I'll defintely bring along some cans for recycling. Is anybody else going to support this very worthwhile cause?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's good to see the club has made today's match it's Eco Day, encouraging fans to use public transport to get to the ground, bring along empty bottles, cans etc. for recycling. It shows once again that the club is forward thinking and is a true community club. I'll be making a point of going today by train, rather than driving and I'll defintely bring along some cans for recycling. Is anybody else going to support this very worthwhile cause?
Indeed, yet we'll still see the club car park full of X5s, Range Rover Sports and big engined Audis as usual. Forward thinking my arse, it's just bandwagon jumping same as everything else with a bloody 'eco' tag today - what's wrong with using your normal home recycling facilities.

As for using public transport, one day it might get close to a car in terms of cost, reliability, flexibility, environmentally friendly, comfort and cleanliness, but that day won't be today so I'll be driving in - and car sharing with the kids and dropping SWMBO off to go into town for the afternoon - as usual.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree in principle!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would happily use public transport for work, but there is none to wellington for the hours I do. I would also happily car share, but no one lives in Exeter and works in Welly the hours I do.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i will be using my car as always as public transport is non existent where i live

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
As for using public transport, one day it might get close to a car in terms of cost, reliability, flexibility, comfort and cleanliness,
Amended for factuals etc.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Indeed, yet we'll still see the club car park full of X5s, Range Rover Sports and big engined Audis as usual. Forward thinking my arse, it's just bandwagon jumping same as everything else with a bloody 'eco' tag today - what's wrong with using your normal home recycling facilities.

As for using public transport, one day it might get close to a car in terms of cost, reliability, flexibility, environmentally friendly, comfort and cleanliness, but that day won't be today so I'll be driving in - and car sharing with the kids and dropping SWMBO off to go into town for the afternoon - as usual.
Are you the most cynical man on the planet in real life, or is it just your exeweb persona?

Willy Nilly

Have they been on a bus in Exeter? They are full of fat, lazy, smelly, work-shy, benefit scrounging, disease ridden scum.

I'll be walking in.

Last edited:

heathy1

Return train for me Plymouth to Exeter St James park £7.90, try doing a 100 mile round trip and park for that!, I only started looking at it after RAWZ went on about it and havent looked back and met some right interesting weirdo's on the train also had a massive chat with a Burnley scout who was going to watch the game, I bigged Bertie right up but couldt get him his dream move!

LOG

Will the Lord Mayor be catching the bus?