• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eco Day for Yeovil match!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will the Lord Mayor be catching the bus?
i expect he will be cycling in :)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed, yet we'll still see the club car park full of X5s, Range Rover Sports and big engined Audis as usual. Forward thinking my arse, it's just bandwagon jumping same as everything else with a bloody 'eco' tag today - what's wrong with using your normal home recycling facilities.

As for using public transport, one day it might get close to a car in terms of cost, reliability, flexibility, environmentally friendly, comfort and cleanliness, but that day won't be today so I'll be driving in - and car sharing with the kids and dropping SWMBO off to go into town for the afternoon - as usual.
I'm catching the bus. :)

Antony Moxey

Are you the most cynical man on the planet in real life, or is it just your exeweb persona?
Cynical in what way?

Antony Moxey

Return train for me Plymouth to Exeter St James park £7.90, try doing a 100 mile round trip and park for that!
Do your kids travel for free? Mine don't, so it wouldn't work out cheaper usin public transport than the three of us using the car.

Youth

Eco day? What a f*cking joke we are becoming.

Joshyd123

I bet the Yeovil fans were laughing at our attempt at half time entertainment with them kids and their bottles.

Antony Moxey

Embarrassing wasn't it? I felt sorry for TAFKAGG trying to make it sound exciting!

From the div in the green cape and wellies to the low grade 'prizes' from the draw for chucking rubbish in the dust cart, it was all so school fete wasn't it? And as my lad said, it's not exactly environmentally friendly getting all those draw tickets printed was it.

Like everything else to do with ECFC today, it was both sh*te and cringeworthy.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Embarrassing wasn't it? I felt sorry for TAFKAGG trying to make it sound exciting!

From the div in the green cape and wellies to the low grade 'prizes' from the draw for chucking rubbish in the dust cart, it was all so school fete wasn't it? And as my lad said, it's not exactly environmentally friendly getting all those draw tickets printed was it.

Like everything else to do with ECFC today, it was both sh*te and cringeworthy.
On the plus side, I reckon the match report might make 'interesting' reading! ;-)

Oldsmobile-88

I'm catching the bus. :)
I will as soon as i see RtP on one!!!..:D...

I tell a lie....I got on one recently in Fort Willian for a return trip to Fort Agustus.A round trip of about 40 miles(no car)...It was £16-50 There were 15 of us on the bus & i was the only one who was a paying passenger...

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

I note the side joined in today with this eco thing being economic with the use of their collective footballing ability.