• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Interesting to read the professional football compensation committee who decide the tribunal fee don't take into consideration what the player does following the transfer e.g. Ampadus Chelsea first team games and how he's played well isn't considered...

Read that when reading about Dom Solanke move from Chelsea to Liverpool (free transfer) but Chelsea demanding 10 million? Kettle black.

Alistair20000

Does the Tribunal sit in public or private ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Couldn't find that - from reading it though it suggests a lot of tribunels takes 12 months to happen

LOG

As far as i know, tribunal panels sit in private but the outcome is always made public so it makes no difference whether or not the club publish it.

There is a deadline on each club submitting their respective dossiers (i love dossiers, me) but i don't think there's then a deadline on when the actual hearing takes place thereafter. I'd guess it depends on how much "evidence" there is to consider. Each club has to include within this their own valuation so how far apart these are may also string things out a bit. I believe that once the panel have sat the results are usually Announced: within a few days.

CREDYGRECIAN

Glad it's going to be made public - wouldn't be right if the club didn't disclose this type of information

IndoMike

Hopefully we're not jumping the gun on this one. I reckon we'll get 1.5 up front with various add-ons. But, if his appearances for Chelsea are taken into account, then it could be 3m.
Can either party appeal?

LOG

Can either party appeal?
No, the tribunal decision is final as far as i know.

IndoMike

Thanks. Any guess on the fee we'll get?

Alistair20000

I am pretty sure that is right.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Chelsea’s delaying tactics will really backfire on them on this occasion and we’ll be in for a very big payout. I say this for two reasons. Firstly the Tribunal’s assessment of value is partially based on future potential. I would argue that that potential has already been fulfilled with international caps, Chelsea first team appearances and rave press reviews. Consequently the payout must reflect that realised potential.

Secondly I see the whole Tribunal process itself as being under great scrutiny to see if it can deliver genuine fairness for the smaller clubs. Ampadu is such a talent that this could very well be a landmark case.

Ampadu’s current valuation must be in the region of £20m. I would be extremely disappointed if we don’t receive a sum approaching half of that valuation.