• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Pobbop

At least this means we should know by the start of the transfer window how much we have coming in, and can then budget accordingly.
yep, if true, this is the important point, honestly if it drags on we'll have no idea what we can spend and what our budget should be. Even if we're screwed we really need to know before the next season starts.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will know, Peter. Up front money anyway.

IndoMike

yep, if true, this is the important point, honestly if it drags on we'll have no idea what we can spend and what our budget should be. Even if we're screwed we really need to know before the next season starts.
If we get promoted it will be vital to have access to the fee: if we're not promoted, not so vital.

Pobbop

If we get promoted it will be vital to have access to the fee: if we're not promoted, not so vital.
Don't understand, if we're not promoted could mean even more, I mean keeping hold of the likes of Stockley and Pym, would be aided massively if we could pay them properly and show them ambition.

Look cash helps you wherever you are, and it aids you a lot if you have it before the season starts.

IndoMike

Don't understand, if we're not promoted could mean even more, I mean keeping hold of the likes of Stockley and Pym, would be aided massively if we could pay them properly and show them ambition.

Look cash helps you wherever you are, and it aids you a lot if you have it before the season starts.
Obviously we always can do with some money, but we'd need more if we got promoted. Stockley is on a 3-year contract, I believe.

Colesman Ballz

It should have been sorted before the January transfer window. They've had our best prospect playing THIS season, whilst we've not had the compensation !

Colesman Ballz

We will know, Peter. UP FRONT MONEY anyway.
Now there's a misnomer, if ever I've heard one !

Terryhall

Some partial quotes from my own post #1785 (simply to avoid retyping it)
I still think that the Ampadu tribunal has to be considered in the context of the Solanke tribunal.

Fundamentally, Chelsea are trying to make the same argument about developing Solanke to extract a major fee from Liverpool, as we are about developing Ampadu to extract a major fee from Chelsea.

... the timing of the Solanke tribunal compared to the Ampadu tribunal will be interesting as it may tell us what strategy Chelsea are potentially looking at from a legal perspective (assuming they have realised the comparison between the two - which I am sure they have)

If the Ampadu tribunal happens first - then that indicates that Chelsea are focused on paying a small fee for Ethan.
I've seen nothing to suggest the Solanke tribunal has been scheduled; as such I suspect this is bad news for us as it shows Chelsea are more bothered about presenting a solid defence to our 'development' argument and paying a small fee (regardless of the likely negative impact that will have if they then aim to present that same argument in the Solanke tribunal)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect we will be screwed over. The tribunal have a real opportunity to show smaller clubs the worth of having academies and developing their own talent. Anything less than £4m with serious add ons IMHO will be a serious failing of the tribunal system.

Ampadu now is easily worth £15m on the open market

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
2 mil plus add ons !