• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

jimmy

He's worth more than £10m IMO, his experience in Serie A, Chelsea squad player, CL apps, Wales captain (who are now actually half decent in the last 6/7 years)
I do hope you're right!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's worth more than £10m IMO, his experience in Serie A, Chelsea squad player, CL apps, Wales captain (who are now actually half decent in the last 6/7 years)
I would tend to agree. Between £16M and £20M I would think. Hopefully there is a bidding war for him, to push the price up :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do hope you're right!
3.5k Grecians can't be wrong - Can they ?

Cowshed Grecian

I would tend to agree. Between £16M and £20M I would think. Hopefully there is a bidding war for him, to push the price up :)
I really hope you’re right, but who’s going to pay that for him though? Let’s be realistic I can’t see him getting in any Premier League side at CB…not even Bournemouth.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really hope you’re right, but who’s going to pay that for him though? Let’s be realistic I can’t see him getting in any Premier League side at CB…not even Bournemouth.
£18m is cheap. International player, good pedigree Nd decent pro-zone defensive stats. Someone will pay it. They usually do.

Cowshed Grecian

£18m is cheap. International player, good pedigree Nd decent pro-zone defensive stats. Someone will pay it. They usually do.
Spurs paid £11m for Joe Rodon, he’s a Welsh CB with a lot of international caps. He’s unbelievably crap so there’s always a chance 👍

Ash

Spurs paid £11m for Joe Rodon, he’s a Welsh CB with a lot of international caps. He’s unbelievably crap so there’s always a chance 👍
Joe Rodon had only played Championship football at the time, plus a bit for Wales. Amps has experience at a better level than when Joe was signed, with almost all Ethan's appearances having come in either the English or Italian top flights. Plus he has more Wales caps, despite being three years younger. Add to that 3 years of transfer fee inflation and I can only see Ampadu's value being 15 million plus.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never under estimate the stupidity of those with money to burn.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joe Rodon had only played Championship football at the time, plus a bit for Wales. Amps has experience at a better level than when Joe was signed, with almost all Ethan's appearances having come in either the English or Italian top flights. Plus he has more Wales caps, despite being three years younger. Add to that 3 years of transfer fee inflation and I can only see Ampadu's value being 15 million plus.
FWIW, reasonably sure Amps also featured in Chelsea's World Club Championship-winning team and in the later stages of the Champions League for RB Leipzig [as I recall he bossed it in the first leg of a quarter-final against Spurs]. Fairly certain, Joe Rodon didn't have any such experience. Seems inconceivable to me that Ampadu will go for less than £15m and not implausible that it will be significantly more.

Reactions: Ash

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
FWIW, reasonably sure Amps also featured in Chelsea's World Club Championship-winning team and in the later stages of the Champions League for RB Leipzig [as I recall he bossed it in the first leg of a quarter-final against Spurs]. Fairly certain, Joe Rodon didn't have any such experience. Seems inconceivable to me that Ampadu will go for less than £15m and not implausible that it will be significantly more.
Agree Egg. Just gotta hope few clubs enter a bidding war. If so, £20m is surely not out of reach.

Reactions: Egg