• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
For now he would be playing a poor standard but the way things are going I have no doubt that in a couple of years time he could be paying alongside some world class players like some of the ones who are already confirmed for example Benzema, Kante, Neves, Messi, Lukaku, Son, Modric, Mendy, Silva. Not only this Ethan will have enough money to support generations beneath him for a very long time. Financially it makes sense, Ethan obviously enjoys travelling and loves football. Credit to him if he goes.
FWIW, Lukaku looks gone at the game to me. Certainly not genuine world-class calibre any more.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Ampadu will go there anyway. Saudi clubs want the big names, Ampadu isn't going to sell shirts.
Imagine how much Alex[ander] Oxlade-Chamberlain could earn!🤣

C j phill

For now he would be playing a poor standard but the way things are going I have no doubt that in a couple of years time he could be paying alongside some world class players like some of the ones who are already confirmed for example Benzema, Kante, Neves, Messi, Lukaku, Son, Modric, Mendy, Silva. Not only this Ethan will have enough money to support generations beneath him for a very long time. Financially it makes sense, Ethan obviously enjoys travelling and loves football. Credit to him if he goes.
It will be interesting to see whether the employers stick to their contractual obligations. I read a newspaper report that Ronaldo was having problems receiving his pay, so if it can happen to him, I wonder how others may be similarly effected. It seems to me that any players moving to here need to be aware of the potential "issues" that may effect them, outside of the simple task of playing football.

Ebs

Sounds promising, let’s hope this doesn’t drag on

CWH-NYC_

A small bidding war would be good, get our add on up to 3mio. Would be happy with that.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

THis would be a good solution for ECFC. £2m here and now, whilst if Ampadu achieves his potential down the line and seals a big money move elsewhere we get 20% of Chelsea's profit from that also.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

Intrigued to hear from the “he’s worth £5m” boys

Boyo

Intrigued to hear from the “he’s worth £5m” boys
And the "he's only good enough for the Championship boys".

Average Joe

And the "he's only good enough for the Championship boys".
I'm one of them, This is only because 3 seasons ago he was a league two player and has not proved himself in the prem. Good championship players are worth around 15 million. A good premiership player is worth 80/90 million.

I really like him and I rate him but for some reason Prem clubs don't seem to be to interested in him.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm one of them, This is only because 3 seasons ago he was a league two player and has not proved himself in the prem. Good championship players are worth around 15 million. A good premiership player is worth 80/90 million.

I really like him and I rate him but for some reason Prem clubs don't seem to be to interested in him.
*6 seasons ago