• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but for Wales
Let’s be honest he would get nowhere near the England team
I don’t think he has fulfilled his potential either
I will say it again moved to soon
No he hasn’t fulfilled his potential yet, which isn’t surprising considering his age.

His progress, though, is in the right direction.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but for Wales
Probably correct regarding your comment England team. Have a feeling his family gave him sensible advice choosing Wales and by so doing him giving him the opportunity to collect International caps to put on his CV.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes but for Wales
But this "it's only" Wales doctrine espoused by some Exeweb posters totally misses the point that he is a nailed on starter and therefore gets to regularly play and compete against the top players of whatever country they are playing which can be Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany or whoever. It was the same when he was at Sheffield Utd, playing against the likes of Man Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool etc on a regular basis. It is just nuts to suggest that he would have been better off staying in League 2 with us, either from a football or financial perspective.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes but for Wales
It doesn't matter whether who it's for, it's vital experience that increases his price tag. There is probably still a lot more to come from Ethan but he needs to move to somewhere where he is one of the bigger fish in the pond just as he is with Wales so he can start to expose his ability on a regular basis. If that means joining somebody like Bournemouth/Palace then so be it.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't matter whether who it's for, it's vital experience that increases his price tag. There is probably still a lot more to come from Ethan but he needs to move to somewhere where he is one of the bigger fish in the pond just as he is with Wales so he can start to expose his ability on a regular basis. If that means joining somebody like Bournemouth/Palace then so be it.
Agree 100% with all you have said particularly the comment about joining a decent mid table PL Club to get regular exposure on the National media.

Memphis09

But this "it's only" Wales doctrine espoused by some Exeweb posters totally misses the point that he is a nailed on starter and therefore gets to regularly play and compete against the top players of whatever country they are playing which can be Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany or whoever. It was the same when he was at Sheffield Utd, playing against the likes of Man Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool etc on a regular basis. It is just nuts to suggest that he would have been better off staying in League 2 with us, either from a football or financial perspective.
Just my point that proves how poor Wales are
It’s not nuts it’s about getting experience then moving on
I would never begrudge someone moving on when they are rwady
Simple fact he wasn’t and his career has stalled

Memphis09

Agree with some points like moving to Bournemouth or Palace
I think he transfer value has got to be lower than what was expected two or three years ago

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with some points like moving to Bournemouth or Palace
I think he transfer value has got to be lower than what was expected two or three years ago
I guess that will all depend on what level the Clubs that will interested in signing him are in the food chain.

Ebs

Headline misleading but Leeds supposedly interested

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Headline misleading but Leeds supposedly interested
there's that 12mill figure mentioned which would be nice especially if the Blues put on a sell on clause 💰💰💰