• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Marcus from Nickelbys was certainly one...
Was he the 'camp' one..

LOG

Who was that other cyclist in Exeter who was always seen around town..He may have worked for the council?.....Was he one of the Harvey's??
He was. He is dead.

Swanaldo

Who was that other cyclist in Exeter who was always seen around town..He may have worked for the council?.....Was he one of the Harvey's??
Harvey the Milk, often seen in the Odeon/Blackboy Road area? Passed on a few years ago.

edindevon

I like the vagabond with a white-haired beard in a horse-riding hat (but I haven't seen him for a few years).
He wore that helmet because he was epileptic and it was supposed to afford him some protection when he had one of his frequent seizures. He used to live in a hedge not that far from the Double Locks and was usually very pleasant to speak to . I believe he is still alive.

Does anyone else remember Frankie and Marcia, the elderly drunken couple who used to live in the Civic Centre porch?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How about that bloke , he must be in his 70's who is always in Coco's having a boogey..

angelic upstart

Swanny, didn't get the idea for this from my status yesterday did you mate?

Marcus from Nickelbys was certainly one...
Was he the chap that used to accost you the minute you walked through the door?

LOG

Harvey the Milk, often seen in the Odeon/Blackboy Road area? Passed on a few years ago.
We used to call him Wheelie. As he rode by, if you shouted wheelie, he would comply.

Swanaldo

I bet there's a (lo)comotion about that in their household.
His mum was siding with him, until he started to get ideas above his station.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
He used to live in a hedge
I have just ROFL at that.......

LOG

Also another character was Lennie , the bloke with the burger van outside coco's , he used to do the gut buster perfect after 15 pints , he was a top man...
I had a summer job at a local cash and carry. He used to come in to buy his buns, burgers, and sausages.

He would buy the reduced buns that were on the point of going out of date and burgers and sausages which were priced at £2 for 50.

They used to taste good at 2am though.