• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC Vs Derby County FC - Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Boo hoo. Patronising *****

tom_ecfc

Quite a number of Derby fans on their forum critical of Wildsmith’s embarrassing time wasting and cringeworthy play acting.

Ref was not strong enough with the time wasting. Should also have booked Houlihane in the first half when he kept stealing ground with the free kick and was gobbling off. After the final warning as the ref trotted away the fecker moved it forward again. :mad:
I spoke to Mr Drysdale before the Argyle game around the time wasting. I quoted the Liverpool vs Arsenal game as an example of when Arsenal had to sustain a period of pressure and the ball finally went out for a goal kick, an Arsenal defender or keeper went down injured, all the players would then run over to the manager and have a in match team talk. Mr Drysdale mentioned that as they are not professional medics, they can’t just tell the player to get up. He mentioned that it’s normally the keepers that go down as they don’t have to leave the field of play unlike a defender. He was just as frustrated as we all are and only following the rules that are set. It was good to actually speak to the reffing team and more open and transparent conversations can only be a good thing between refs and fans.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

Just saw this - apologies if it has been posted already.
Maybe teach his keeper not to fall over every other minute and they might be a bit more respectful.

fred binneys head

Interestingly, one of the Derby fans was in the home end near to the keeper incident with Sparkes and heard the ref say to the keeper "I know there's nothing wrong with you, get up or I'll book you". If that's true, he should have booked him there and then.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe some players do it to reduce the potential strain on their calf muscles if their socks are tight.
Which is almost the opposite to what I did when I played (albeit nowhere near professional standard).
I used to wear one pair of short socks first, then a pair of football socks, then my shin pads, then another pair of football socks.
I liked my boots/trainers to be very tight fitting, almost as if they were part of my foot.
I know, I’ve always had some slightly odd ways!
Bridgy by name Bridgwater by nature ?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interestingly, one of the Derby fans was in the home end near to the keeper incident with Sparkes and heard the ref say to the keeper "I know there's nothing wrong with you, get up or I'll book you". If that's true, he should have booked him there and then.
And added the time on !

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

Just saw this - apologies if it has been posted already.
Feels great not being proper chaps anymore, doesn't it :LOL:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feels great not being proper chaps anymore, doesn't it :LOL:
A fan sitting in front of me last night was warned by a steward about his language – he made the legitimate point that he'd heard far worse coming from both benches!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A fan sitting in front of me last night was warned by a steward about his language – he made the legitimate point that he'd heard far worse coming from both benches!
Gary Scold-well

fred binneys head

I didn't see this posted, Attendance: 7028 (1103 Away).
Sheffield Wednesday sell out their allocation, away attendance 1,254

Argyle do the same, away attendance 1,246

Derby do the same, away attendance 1,103

WTAF?