• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC Vs Derby County FC - Matchday Thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sheffield Wednesday sell out their allocation, away attendance 1,254

Argyle do the same, away attendance 1,246

Derby do the same, away attendance 1,103

WTAF?
They eat more in Derby, so the capacity is reduced accordingly.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know at some clubs fans get tickets for games to stay on the priority list, but don't actually go. So a Derby fan may have had no intention of coming down here, especially on a Tuesday night, but felt it worth spending 20 quid on a ticket to ensure he can get points to go to 'bigger' games.

Alistair20000

Anyone know why Cashin had the backs of his socks cut out? it looked very odd.
Could not work out if he had done that or had stuck big plasters or flesh coloured patches on the socks.

It looked very odd. :unsure:

Alistair20000

Is that a yellow card offence?! o_O
That one is a straight red. :)

Gobbing off just a yellow.

**notes to check spelling before posting**

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought it was a useful match in terms of what needs to be done in preparation for next season.Two of our teenagers had some time in a L1 game and that is never wasted.Hopefully one or two more might get a game. Despite 4 of our best players being out,we bossed the midfield for much of the first half.Derby couldn't get started apart from that early chance and a few minutes after the half hour.As with so many matches this year,soon as we come under pressure after half time,there mistakes creep in.I was watching the match with a Derby fan last night and when they got that free kick he said McGoldrick scored earlier in the season from the same position by curling it round the keeper and guessed what happened?the wall wasn't big enough and Blackman gave up on saving it,but that City player who was in front of McGoldrick when we had the wall should have closed him down.Might have prevented the goal if he was quick enough.The second goal was as poor.Two players covering the winger and neither stopped the cross.

STURTZ

Thought when I saw him pre season he looked an excellent prospect
Think he could be pushing for a place in the squad next season
Expect him to out on loan next season.

STURTZ

I've been surprised how little discussion there has been about Jamal's performances. All the focus for our recent defensive weaknesses has been on the centre-halves.
Blackman has been very good this season, I feel a certain pride in having him in our team, he's such a presence. All this has blown up because he misjudged the curl that McGoldrick put on his free kick, stupid mistake but understandable.

Oldsmobile-88

They eat more in Derby, so the capacity is reduced accordingly.
They were certainly the loudest I’ve heard this season.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
They were certainly the loudest I’ve heard this season.
Bolton were louder.

Oldsmobile-88

Bolton were louder.
We will have to agree to disagree 😎