• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not recognising the game from comments in reading here. Having been firmly off the view that Caldwell needs replacing, I’m seeing lots of comments here from people seeing what they want to see, not what took place.
This, in spades.

Red red

My take on the game yesterday was it was the same old story. We concede early team sits back and we don’t score.
Only difference this time was we had the chances to score but didn’t take them.
My real worry is every team manages to do this and we haven’t leant anything.
Maybe GC should of taken Sinsalo off to make Rovers attack 😀😀
Thought GC waited to long to bring on our Subs again this happens nearly every week
Seems to think he has to wait until at least the 70 minute (that I believe is a real weakness in him)
Met some Rovers fans on the way home and they believed they got away with one.
Why didn’t we pressure there young keeper. We all saw Chris Martin have a go at Sinsalo
So disappointed in us tactically again.
Taylor knew how to play it.
Still 17 points needed

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the xG for yesterday's game:
City ahead 1.6 to 0.93 – I'd suggest that provides a pretty accurate reflection of how the game went. And to put it into a bit of context, over the course of the season, only two League One sides – Peterborough and Portsmouth – have an average xG higher than 1.6.

Suffice to say, I don't think there was too much wrong with our performance yesterday, and we created a fair bit, the issue [again] was our inability to put the ball in the back of the net.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This, in spades.
Makes no difference..The only calculation at the end of the season is how many points you have and whether this keeps you up or sends you down..The cliche about performance being the important thing is just that..a cliche..

Mid Devon Grecian

Are still obsessing over me and my life style?
Nah, lost interest now 😁

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the xG for yesterday's game:
City ahead 1.6 to 0.93 – I'd suggest that provides a pretty accurate reflection of how the game went. And to put it into a bit of context, over the course of the season, only two League One sides – Peterborough and Portsmouth – have an average xG higher than 1.6.

Suffice to say, I don't think there was too much wrong with our performance yesterday, and we created a fair bit, the issue [again] was our inability to put the ball in the back of the net.
That's alright then.

tonykellowfan

Best thing I ever saw at the SuperBowl was Tom Petty.

The fact next week's Super Bowl is due to be the most-watched on record because of Taylor Swift rather than the actual sport itself says it all :D

Enjoy your ad breaks lads (y)
Since the superbowl is on in the middle of the night, I would guess most UK watchers will be recording it and then fast forwarding the ads.

Who would have thunk it?

manc grecian

The Cox chance was the only clear cut chance that we created, maybe Cole from a tight angle.

Considering we were chasing the game for such a long period of time it was hardly the alamo.

We just never seem to develop a long sustained period of pressure. A chance then 15 mins of going nowhere

crocks

I think that is 3 games in a row that I have been to St JP and not seen them score!

Overall, City deserved at least a point. A wonder strike by them, assisted by the ref and loads of so close but not quites from us. It didnt help that their keeper put in a MoM performance. How he saved Cole's free kick I will never know.

I have been critical of Carrolls performances in the past but thought he had a really good game yesterday. Much more active/positive and getting some good tackles in. Harper again for me was good...I do like him. Such a shame that City couldnt convert one of those chances.

Disappointed that Caldwell didnt get a big lump of a striker in the window. City lack a physical presence up front and somebody who can head a ball. Its noticeable that City players dont get anywhere near heading the ball in from corners (when the ball is slung in that is). Perhaps we miss Archies delivery!

grecIAN Harris

The Cox chance was the only clear cut chance that we created, maybe Cole from a tight angle.

Considering we were chasing the game for such a long period of time it was hardly the alamo.

We just never seem to develop a long sustained period of pressure. A chance then 15 mins of going nowhere
You must have been munching in your prawn sandwiches when Aitchison pulled his effort just wide early in the second half.