• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United Official Matchday Thread

JGrecian23

I think it's gonna be on, lots of sun out. If the covers did their job and now the sun is allowed to shine on the pitch I think we'll be OK.

Memphis09

No frost here
Game I think it will be definitely on
UTC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just took the dog for a walk round Wellington and the ground here is absolutely frozen solid. I know we have covers on the pitch but I'm not sure there's time for it to thaw completely if it's as frozen at SJP.

I think it's gonna be on, lots of sun out. If the covers did their job and now the sun is allowed to shine on the pitch I think we'll be OK.
'Lots of sun out'?? I live in central Exeter. It's been uniform slate grey skies since I woke at 7am this morning. It is much milder, but no sunshine.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm out at the moment. Should be back at 10.15 to give an update from my front garden

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cold in Crediton but no frost. Just walked on some grass and it was hard.

Alistair20000

Temperature in Tebbern 4.8C. Ground still frozen solid, grey skies. No sun.

David Treharne

My front garden which gets very little sun is still frozen. Stitch that Dr Dave
Kind offer manc. Lowest over night temperature here was 1c, and at some point after that it rained. It's currently 7c, but feels colder because the wind, which is currently from S is turning round to SSW, and that will strengthen the gusts. Apart from the trace overnight, we've had no rain in the last 24 hours. t's 70% light grey cloud cover, and vestiges of cloudless sky are filling in with cloud drifting in. I'd expect it to be completely overcast by kick off, and maybe a spot or two of light rain, but the real rain will come this evening.
As to the match, who knows? I'd be a lot happeier of some of this talk of an impending signing were a reality, and that that signing was a bustling, muscular mid 20's player who could score with either foot. Dream on!
Update at 13:00

denzel

In local football Exmouth’s game just been called off. Plymouth Parkway’s pitch passed a 9am inspection.
Very strange. In Exmouth at the moment and everything seems frost free

burtiew

I'm in Exeter for one of my rare visits ... it's 7° at the moment but very grey above ... here's hoping!